Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spencerljensen ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:33AM

From this week's post: http://www.truebelievingmormons.com/ex/cccslc

"The feelings I have experienced since witnessing the completion of the City Creek Center in Salt Lake City at just $4 Billion over budget are exceedingly white and delightsome.

I say this is fantastic! Such a superfluous display of wealth is exactly what we need to build relationships of trust with impoverished investigators in developing countries. This redevelopment of Salt Lake City’s downtown area should show them we’re not just an American Church!

And it also shows them that we DO follow in Jesus’ footsteps, even down to the last detail--as Security will regularly drive the moneychangers from the Salt Lake City temple across the street into Tiffany & Company where they belong."

------------------------------------------------------------

May we all spend as much of our post-tithing discretionary income as our caloric requirements can handle, for as President Kimball once implored:

“If you could only see the vision I have. I wish I had your bodies to do this work. I would run from store to store buying everything for the gospel, and after I lost strength to run I would begin to walk, and after I collapsed from walking, I would begin to crawl, and after my knees were so bloody that I could not use them I would use my arms to drag myself, and once every dividend in my money clip was gone I would begin to put things on layaway…oh, only if you could see the vision as I have.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spencerljensen ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:43AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.