Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 05:41PM

Recently, a patient of mine died, and his wife said "we had such a great run together. We have no regrets."

I thought that was awesome.

I find myself thinking that if I died today, I would have a few things I feel bad about doing, but no regrets as far as "I wish I would have done "x".

So I guess I'm halfway to where I want to be :)

I've lived life pretty full so far...

How do y'all view regret?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: omen ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 05:43PM

I view regret as invisible luggage I have to carry around. I will have luggage throughout life, no doubt. But I tried to keep it carry on size if I can.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 05:43PM

Regret is judging your younger self by your older self wisdom. It's not really fair, you know?

You learned from your younger self mistakes and they helped make you who you are today. Who's to say you could have learned those lessons any other way.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 05:50PM

Very true.

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 06:06PM

I its true... regret wont bring back time, neither will fix anything... better just to move on and look forward.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 06:12PM

There's a Cheyenne proverb that says, "Wisdom comes from experience, experience come from mistakes" and I apply that to my life.

I've done some very crazy and wild stuff in my life, but at least i had fun and some ery amusing memories. The bad experiences, I try to never repeat again.
I feel pretty damn fufilled to have been where i've been so far and look forward to the next adventure.

My biggest regret is that i didn't learn to sew from my mom who is a grade A seamstress.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.