Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: archaeologymatters ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 09:12PM

Hey I'm new here. My story is similar to many of yours. Grew up in Utah as a Mormon around Mormons. Learned the truth, and now believe in treating others with respect and living life to its fullest, but don't belong to a particular church.

As someone who went to Utah State, I go to an Utah State athletics board. On the off topic page a thread was created about why people leave the LDS church. If anybody on here wants to read it and post their opinions I would love to hear them. I was happy to see that thread because it shows there are many people who went to USU that had similar experiences with the church as I did. Check it out if you want:

http://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19110

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dino ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:32PM

Thanks for sharing. I have a friend who did an anthropology project on this very topic.

Posted by: Aggielurker ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 12:35AM

I'm a regular on that site, come here some times. My comment is on there and it's not the first of it's kind on the old USU fansite. Lots of exmoAggies I suppose. Cheers!

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 12:56AM

Class of '96 (BS) and '98 (MS).

Posted by: archaeologymatters ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 01:32AM

Good to hear from you on here. Utah State is a quality place where many people enter Mormon, and don't leave that way. College does that to people as it is the first time many people actually attempt to study and learn about the world. As a teenager living at home many people don't question the belief system of their parents. Some do, but many; even those that don't follow the Mormon value system will not think much about it until later in life.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.