Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: archaeologymatters ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 03:32AM

Some of the stories are truly heartbreaking, and I like when they have their email so I can offer support. Even when it comes from a stranger, I think it is positive for someone to hear from someone who understands what they went through and says some kind words.

I have read through the stories, and reread story 45 about a convert in the church who married into a loveless marriage with what appeared to be a deadbeat husband. I have seen how many marriages fail because the couple married quickly and for the wrong reasons. They felt they needed to marry fast because of pressure from the Mormon church especially if they attend byu.

A couple I have known for some time recently got a divorce after years of marriage. They had only known each other for a few weeks before getting married and it was a disaster from the get go. There are many times with Mormon culture fails to mesh properly with the real world, and the quick marriage is one of those times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 06:46AM

For all the people like you who want to offer support, there are always one or two who would say something cruel and judgmental. Also, some posters have family and jobs that would be impacted if it was known that they were posting here. The best way to offer support is just by responding to the post.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 07:49AM

I agree with sexismyreligion. I read from this site everyday and I am touched by some of the stories but, I don't feel a need to make personal contact. Posting on this board is enough.

Posted by: archaeologymatters ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 02:50PM

I guess that is true. There are people who have gone through hell because of the church and it would be nice to be able to know that people are there for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.