Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sayhitokolob4me ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 02:53PM

Hatch is obviously worried about what an examination of Mormonism can and would do to Romney's campaign. I hope the dem's don't fall for this.

http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=1&subcatid=70&threadid=6583413&start=1&currentPage=1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Boilermaker ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 03:27PM

I think using Mormonism against him might backfire. People would be sympathetic to him. For most people Mormonism is Donny and Marie. I have a very Lutheran cousin who still has a crush on Donny after all these years ...

Posted by: bc ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 03:36PM

I think the Obama campaign will be too smart to attack Romney's religion indirectly.

It's the elephant in the room and for the people for whom it is a big deal, they will already not vote from Romney because of it.

It's also a bigger issue in the primary than the general election anyway. In general it is the far right that are intolerant of others religious beliefs. Again, in general, the left is more tolerant of allowing different people have different beliefs.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 03:40PM

Someone form a PAC to air mormon candidates dirty laundry. Doesn't need party affiliation, the accusations apply across party lines. You'd get plenty of donations from ex-mos, the South Evangelical belt and more.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 03:43PM

Excerpt: "On Tuesday, Hatch, a six-term Utah Republican and a Mormon, told a group of GOP delegates: “You watch, they’re going to throw the Mormon church at him like you can’t believe.”

Why does he worry about it and why does he think that? Maybe because it is difficult for members who are in politics to answer questions directly. I figure they should just answer any questions they have and answer them forthrightly. There should be no deception involved.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 04:05PM

So who does religion REALLY matter to?

You can't introduce religion to politics, keep waving it in everyone's face, and then cry "foul" when your opponents use it against you. That's what whiney children do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 04:06PM by helamonster.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 04:23PM

Romney called him an athiest this morning. And yet Romney thinks no one should bring up his own religion? Hypocrit!

Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 04:27PM

WAAAA!!!! Mommy, somebody is making fun of my religion...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.