Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 03:25PM

There's so much going around now about baptisms for the dead, but that's not nearly as creepy to me as the rest of the package - especially sealings.

My dad married young, had four children and divorced the wife when he learned she was unfaithful. Later married my mother. For fifty years, he refused to communicate with wife #1; referring to her as "the old bat". He died a couple of years after my mother. First group of children rush to temple to seal him to their mother. Not to both wives, mind you, only to "the old bat".

None of it means anything, of course, but it's just so disrespectful on so many levels. I wonder how "mainstream" Mormonism would appear to the outside world if the world knew that they want to control not only what religion to which the dead belong, but with whom they spend eternity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 01:08AM

That's a good point, Jan. Baptisms for the dead are bad enough, but they're just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: mywayback ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 01:26AM

My Grandparents on my fathers side had all their "work" done for them after they had died. That side of the family was never mormon, not sure who submitted their names, but it creeps me out.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 07:56AM

I will do posthumous temple work in the next life...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.