Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmoparents ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 06:55PM

Sorry, I just have to vent . . . she's graduating BYU-H on April 14th and no word from her. I saw on her FB page that she has an announcement of her graduation. I'm sure her Mom (the evil ex) and her step-dad are going.

I feel SO bad for my hubby - he was such a good father to her and doesn't deserve this BS treatment from his only child.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 07:03PM

I hope he can find the strength to show her how unconditional love works, and send her a nice note and gift.

Living well really is the best revenge, especially when you can be sure she'll get the point.

Date: April 04, 2012 07:10PM

He'll have to find a way to do that. From what we understand (we can see her Twitter feeds), she will be moving back to Idaho right after graduation living back with her mother (she moved to northern ID somewhere).

He can't seem to get a hold of her - we think she (or her mother) has blocked him now on her phone and maybe emails too (she blocked him on her FB a few months ago) - there's just no response from her whatsoever and this seems to be the only logical explanation.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 07:15PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 07:22PM

I like the idea of the note and the small gift if he can get an address for her. Perhaps one day she will come to her senses.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 07:41PM

Personally, I don't think he should send her anything. But, as you know, I am pretty jaded and fed up when it comes to parentally alienated adult children. She's a grown woman who is acting like a child. I see no reason to reward her for that. It doesn't sound like she'll appreciate the time, money, or effort that goes into sending a gift and/or a card anyway.

Sorry you and your husband are going through this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 07:42PM by knotheadusc.

Date: April 04, 2012 07:45PM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 04, 2012 07:49PM

Right. I can see sending gifts and cards to alienated children who don't know any better. But if a young adult is not able to pull her head out of her ass long enough to send a simple email, I don't see why you should put yourself out to send her a gift or a card. It will likely mean nothing and will either be thrown out with the trash or sold on eBay. It sounds to me like your husband has done right by his daughter. He helped her pay for college, which-- even if he was court ordered to do so-- no married couple would ever be expected to do. Relationships are a two way street. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect her to hold up her end. If she's not willing to do that, then there's not much you can do about it. Material tokens probably won't mean much. And you probably wouldn't want a relationship based on material goods or money anyway. My husband's been there and done that, and it sucks.

My advice-- Take back your life and live well. Let her come to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 07:52PM by knotheadusc.

Date: April 04, 2012 07:46PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.