Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:07AM

A headline at Huffington Post declares of Romney:

THE MORE THEY KNOW, THE LESS THEY LIKE

Just like Mormonism, no? IT goes right along with his statement that if voters knew his actual plans and positions, he'd lose. Ah, the church has trained him well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:13AM

That sounds like Joseph Smiths statement that if his followers knew the things that God had told him, they would all run away.
Always made me wonder if this was some kind of private joke that God was displeased.

And what of Romney saying this..should it be a hint that he is not in it for the good of the country?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:19AM

...that he thinks the country needs some strong medicine and the voters don't want to take it. But being the Great Miscommunicator that he is...

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:13AM

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:22AM

"Just like Mormonism, no? IT goes right along with his statement that if voters knew his actual plans and positions, he'd lose. Ah, the church has trained him well."

To be honest, Obama/democrats are the same way. Look at the health care law the SCOTUS is debating now.

That's not mormon trained, but politically trained...though mormonism may have made it easier for Mitt to do this..

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:31AM

I had to laugh yesterday when Romney said that Obama had set up several straw men in a speech he gave. Coming from any other politician I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but I've had good critical thinking skills training here at RfM :-) :-) :-)

Posted by: Boilermaker ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 10:32AM

Rasmussen had Obama winning last week. This week they have Romney ahead. I don't think his Mormonism will have anything to do with whether he wins or loses this year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.