Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 09:55AM

In the closed thread Matilda wrote:
"Saviorself are you saying he was a personal witness to the Hinckley scam. Did you meet with him was anything said or was it inferred? Thank you for your clarification I feel a bit better. The way he spoke was never convincing or even reverent with all the jokes. Did your parents leave the church too?"

No, my parents did not leave the church. My father was a TBM and after I left the church he and I never discussed religion. He occasionally told me that I should return to the church, but I just brushed him off, knowing that a rational discussion was not possible.

Both Hinckley and my father invested their entire lives into LDSinc. My father had a high profile position in the Salt Lake City and Utah communities, and part of that position was being a faithful TBM. My best guess is that bought into the church 100%. After a TBM has gone down that path for many years there is no turning around.

Hinckley was in fact a faithful Mormon, but when he became the Prophet, Seer and Revelator he likely had a big disappointment when the non-existent god was totally missing in action. I surmise that as the years went by the MIA god must have taken a toll on Hinckley and so he developed the familiar Hinckley facade to satisfy the demands of his situation.

This is just my retrospective interpretation of people and events. I have no eye-witness information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.