Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 09:53PM

Just wandering if it is a homeless shelter run by the LDS Church.Never Mind I just looked it up on Google.I think I am getting foggier and foggier out here. Sorry to bug you guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 11:35PM by eldorado.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 19, 2012 12:02AM

Thanks, they are doing something in our neighborhood for the group. DH just wanted me to check things out before I did anything .

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 01:32PM

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 08:20AM

I guess they demolished the one on 300 West in Provo, but that place kept me fed while I was trying to get back on my feet. They feed people 3 squares a day (even coffee at breakfast, that's how you know it's not Mormon run) and 2 on the weekends.They also provide a free laundry facility, showers, and hygiene products.

When I live in Provo, I cook up some meals occasionally to donate as a thank you for keeping me alive 8 years ago. I also try to donate items like shaving cream, razors, soap etc... One thing they will always need are feminine hygiene items like pads and tampons.

Date: April 19, 2012 01:45PM

Thanks for the response, Glad things are going better for you now. I will get a few things together then.

Posted by: nomoinprovo ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 02:04PM

Food and Care Coalition has had hard times finding a place to be, but they've been in their building between the train tracks and the old junk yard for a while now. I hope they can stay there, because the new Frontline station is going in very close to there. The junk yard was evicted for the station, and that means FCC is going to possibly be too close to the nice commuters. They were put down there because that's not considered a nice part of town.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.