Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mack ( )
Date: April 18, 2012 11:42PM

A little too close to home for me.
Article in today's Herald Journal aka Logan Liar on the "Opinion Page" page A4 : "Locals to 'feast' on aborted babies."
A Scathing article written by yet another local holier than thou zealot, Sara Kitchen of Logan, Utah.
www.hjnews.com, Wednesday, April 18, 2012, page A4 Opinion Page.
Would be nice to see a rebuttal by an educated individual thas has accurate knowledge of Joseph Smith's escapades as well as the Doctor that allegedly performed abortions on Smith's mistresses.

http://news.hjnews.com/opinion/article_6d44fa98-8962-11e1-aeec-0019bb2963f4.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 12:28AM by mack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 12:05AM

If you find the article online, copy the web address and paste it into your message. You'll get more response.

Date: April 19, 2012 12:29AM

thanks for the tip workinonit. old guy here. appreciate your help.

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 12:36AM

Editor’s note: The Herald Journal cannot vouch for the accuracy of any statements in Sara Kitchen’s letter, including assertions from the book by Abby Johnson referenced in the letter.

In other words...

Sara Kitchen is pulling stuff out of her a**.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 12:58AM

JS abortions: Dead End. (sorry choice of terms).

people who defend JS are delusional. Facts aren't a part of the program in Morland. i doubt if they ever have been.

Internet is a knife in their back, apols trying to pull it out, but it's stuck.

Date: April 19, 2012 01:30AM

Incredibly painfull story. Thank you for sharing.
There was a post on here within the last couple of weeks that told of JS encounters with several women and the fact there were no children born from the encounters. The story continued regarding a certain doctor that had taken care of making sure no babies were born from Smiths trysts. If anyone can remember the post from within the last couple of weeks I was thinking that it would make a poignant rebutal to todays opinion in the Logan Liar.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 01:47AM

I think it was posted by Steve Benson

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 01:57PM

"'Joseph Smith Also Used Other Methods To Cover Polygamy Pregnancies'

"In addition to marrying already-pregnant women, there is some evidence that abortion was practiced in Nauvoo.

"LDS Elder Ebenezer Robinson testified that Hyrum Smith 'instructed me in Nov or Dec 1843 to make a selection of some young woman and he would seal her to me, and I should take her home,' he recalled, 'and if she should have an offspring give out word that she had a husband, an Elder, who had gone on a foreign mission.' Possibly referring to a secluded birthplace, or conceivably to abortion, Robinson spoke of 'a place appointed in Iowa, 12 or 18 miles from Nauvoo to send female victims to his polygamous births.'

(Ebenezer Robinson to Jason W. Briggs, Jan. 28, 1880, LDS archives. On December 29, 1873, Ebenezer and Angeline Robinson signed an affidavit saying that Hyrum Smith had come to their house in the fall of 1843 to teach them the doctrine of polygamy).

"Hyrum Smith also documented Nauvoo abortions, and interestingly enough, blamed it on a doctor and close associate of Joseph Smith. Hyrum testified that Dr. Bennett was propositioning women in a similar fashion to Joseph Smith. '[Dr. Bennett] endeavored to seduce them, and accomplished his designs by saying it was right; that it was one of the mysteries of God, which was to be revealed when the people was strong enough in faith to bear such mysteries—that it was perfectly right to have illicit intercourse with females, providing no one knew it but themselves, vehemently trying them from day to day, to yield to his passions, bringing witnesses of his own clan to testify that there were such revelations and such commandments, and that they were of God; also stating that he would be responsible for their sins, if there were any, and that he would give them medicine to produce abortions, provided they should become pregnant.'

(Affidavit of Hyrum Smith. Official History of the Church, Vol. 5, p. 71)

"Pretend Marriages in Case of Pregnancy

"According to church historian Andrew Jenson, Sarah Ann Whitney became the seventh plural wife of Joseph Smith, and the story of his marriage to her illustrates another strategy. She disguised her relationship to the prophet by pretending to marry Joseph Corodon Kingsbury on April 29, 1843. In his autobiography Kingsbury wrote: 'I according to Pres. Joseph Smith & Council & others agreed to stand by Sarah Ann Whitney as though I was supposed to be her husband and [participated in] a pretended marriage for the purpose of . . . Bringing about the purposes of God in these last days . . .'

(Elder Joseph Kingsbury, 'History of Joseph Kingsbury Written by His Own Hand,' p. 5, Utah State Historical Society)

"If Not Sex, What Was Joseph Smith Doing?

"Most of Smith's plural wives boarded with other families, whom he visited periodically. His secretary, William Clayton, recorded one such visit to young Almera Johnson on May 16, 1843: 'Prest. Joseph and I went to B[enjamin] F. Johnsons to sleep.' Johnson himself later noted that on this visit Smith stayed with Almera 'as man and wife' and 'occupied the same room and bed with my sister, that the previous month he had occupied with the daughter of the late Bishop Partridge as his wife.' Almera Johnson also confirmed her secret marriage to Joseph Smith: 'I lived with the prophet Joseph as his wife and he visited me at the home of my brother Benjamin F.'

"While in hiding, Joseph Smith wrote a revealing letter which he addressed to her parents, Newel and Elizabeth Whitney, inviting them to bring their daughter to visit him 'just back of Brother Hyrums farm.' He advised Brother Whitney to 'come a little a head and knock at the south East corner of the house at the window.' He assured them, especially Sarah Ann, that 'it is the will of God that you should comfort me now.' He stressed the need for care 'to find out when Emma comes,' but 'when she is not here, there is the most perfect saftey.' The prophet warned them to 'burn this letter as soon as you read it' and 'keep all locked up in your breasts.' In closing he admonished, 'I think Emma won't come to night if she dont, dont fail to come tonight.'

(http://www.xmission.com/%7Eresearch/family/strange.htm)

"Joseph Smith Promised to Cover for Polgamy Pregnancies

"Joseph Smith taught the 'Law of Celestial Marriage' to his close friend and secretary, William Clayton. When the pregnancy of William Clayton's first plural wife threatened to expose them, the prophet Joseph Smith advised Clayton to 'just keep her at home and brook it and if they raise trouble about it and bring you before me I will give you an awful scourging and probably cut you off from the church and then I will baptize you and set you ahead as good as ever.'"

(William Clayton journal, Oct. 19, 1843)

http://www.i4m.com/think/joseph-smith-polygamy.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 01:59PM by steve benson.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 19, 2012 02:33AM

Sarah Pratt made this claim, saying Bennett showed her some instruments he used...

Google up Wilhelm Wyl (Wilhelm Von Wymetal) for his interview with the estranged wife of Apostle Orson; Mormons have denounced Wyl as a virulent anti-Mormon and therefore untrustworthy, but I've reviewed his history and he was a credible individual with considerable integrity.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,5317

Wyl also conducted the interview with William Law, Joseph Smith's Second Counselor who published the only edition of "The Nauvoo Expositor."

http://www.mrm.org/law-interview

As for the contributor to the Logan Herald, I think the less said the better. The claims about Margaret Sanger are untrue (Sanger was jailed after founding Planned Parenthood), and this is just a lot of tripe being passed off as legitimate history and reporting.

That's about all it has in common with recovering from Mormonism...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.