Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:40PM

Not that I am planning anything. Stop looking at me like that. A friend was asking...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:44PM

hahahahaha I didn't even have to read your name to know you posted this.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 10:48PM

Same here ;-) As soon as I saw the title I immediately looked to the author knowing who'd I see!

NOT complaing at all! I love your posts!

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 10:50PM

I'm sure I am not the only one here who wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow it was revealed the GA's had big sex orgies... :-/

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:15AM

There were urban legends going around in the 70's that there were sex orgies going on in the temples, in the tunnels, at the COB, etc.

One of them was about a young teenage mulatto girl who was found in Pioneer Park with her face burned off. Before she died she said she had been to a sex party with Gordon Hinckley (this was before he grew a middle initial). The tale ends with, "The whole thing was hushed up and never made the newspaper."

I'd be interested to know if anybody heard about this?

Anagrammy

Date: April 22, 2012 10:13AM

What size Prairie Dresses do you three women take?

Date: April 22, 2012 10:29AM

Which brings up another question, why do Sex Cults always hide behind a wall of sham modesty? Or is insisting that women always cover, the natural product of a mindset that views them as nothing more then sexual property, meant for the sole enjoyment of their owner/husband?

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:47PM

yeah "A friend" asked you about it...riiiight... XP

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 08:16AM

You don't think Uncle Warren qualifies?

ANa

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:51PM

I tried to get a patent/trademark on sex.
Didn't work.

Next, the gov't will tax it so they can have MORE GSA conferences...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:55PM

Things you will need:

Homemade wine
magic mushrooms
rock with a hole in it
a book of magic spells
a talisman to keep you safe
a family to back you up
divining rods
a hat
a scribe
tar and feather remover

a small isolated town full of gullible people

Date: April 20, 2012 05:15PM

I have everything but the hat! I mean, while, I happen to have all of those things.

Posted by: Can't Resist ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 05:18PM

And a lawyer to handle the incorporation and apply for the 501(c)3 exemption.

Posted by: tevainotloggedin ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:55PM

Sure...and you don't even need a "religion" to do it.

Many cults ARE "sex cults" (at least for those in the top tiers), and they can "be" just about anything so far as their stated agenda goes: fitness groups, athletic competition groups of various kinds, psychological "seminar"-type groups, business-oriented groups (where, frequently, employees of various corporations are required to attend as part of their employment), etc., etc.

You can start a group for gourmet cooking aficionados, for example, that becomes a "sex cult" (at least for the most sexually available, or for the most vulnerable).

Religion often "works" best because it's not subject to taxes or to the laws and regulations which givern other types of "commerce" (when "commerce" is actually intrinsic to the group), and religion is usually given a great deal of freedom from scrutiny that other groups are more apt to be subject to.

But anything can be used as the focus of not only a cult, but a "sex cult."

ANYTHING.

Just choose your favorite subject or interest. ;)

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 04:59PM

Yeah, google 'the children of god' & Moses Berg
the old reprobate only died a few years ago

Posted by: davesnothere ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 05:00PM

You might want to ask John Friend for some advice.

"The wholesome image of yoga took a hit in the past few weeks as a rising star of the discipline came tumbling back to earth. After accusations of sexual impropriety with female students, John Friend, the founder of Anusara, one of the world’s fastest-growing styles, told followers that he was stepping down for an indefinite period of “self-reflection, therapy and personal retreat.”

Here's a link to the whole story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/28/health/nutrition/yoga-fans-sexual-flames-and-predictably-plenty-of-scandal.html?pagewanted=all

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 05:05PM

No? You’re not planning anything?
Hum, aren't you the guy that was saying not so long ago that he's trying to find something to do with his life, or something like that…???

Date: April 20, 2012 05:17PM

Close, I said I am trying to find someone to do for the rest of my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2012 05:30PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 05:18PM

I think so. In fact, being in mormonism for so long and enjoying studying other early cults, I think I could do it.

In fact, I don't think it would be that difficult.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 05:21PM

William Griffith Wilson aka Bill W, and Robert Smith aka Dr. Bob, did start a sex cult in the 1930's that is still in existance today.

Google the term "13th stepping"

It is unfortunate because participation in this cult is usually commanded by a court order, or an employer, or organ transplant teams withholding human organs.

Date: April 20, 2012 05:31PM

Now would it really be unethical if someone started one, and was up front about it. You could have your chapel have a sign, "Visitors Welcome, must bring a towel, and pass an STD screen."

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 20, 2012 05:42PM

Posted by: delt1995 ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 06:35PM

I have read that some pagan, and satanist groups practice rituals thaty involve live sex, to make the energy in the spirit.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 06:38PM

Sex with other men's wives, young girls. And lo, and behold, his ass was put in prison. And the people were sore afflicted with sheer stupidity.

Date: April 22, 2012 02:19AM

I never understood sex with teenage girls or younger. First, most of them look too much like teenage boys. Second, they are annoying teenagers.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 05:07AM

forbiddencokedrinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never understood sex with teenage girls or
> younger. First, most of them look too much like
> teenage boys. Second, they are annoying
> teenagers.

I went to Disneyland today. Toward the end of the day, I rode the Pirates of the Caribbean (very different from the last time I went, as a child, some 18 years ago). In the seat behind me were three teenage girls.

I seriously considered going on the ride again, just to have the experience unspoiled by "he did the sweetest thing" and singing the praises of an upcoming Bruno Mars concert.

Dead Men Tell No Tales... I bet dead teenage girls shut up, too.

But hey, if you wanna start up a cult and give them your "blessing" and a "special anointing" go ahead man. It's not like morals or laws or good taste ever stopped anyone before. :)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 06:41PM

Not even the Church of England was immune http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_O%27Clock_Service

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 10:56PM

Sure, I already did. It's very exclusive, with only two members, and not open to new recruits. I highly recommend that you start your own.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 05:02AM

Yes, it is happening all the time.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 05:34AM

"The Bachelor Pad" on ABC, coming this summer.

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 10:07AM

Date: April 22, 2012 10:12AM

Good, let me introduce you to my first set of rules. All women are automatically accepted as members. Men are accepted as members, only if they bring two women with them. Absolutely no one under 18 admitted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.