Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: April 21, 2012 11:03AM

One of the most fascinating teachings of Mormonism was how there would be Outer Darkness for Cain, Judas and a very few others who were sons of perdition and that the rest would go to one of three degrees of glory, and that the good Mormons would have three levels in that highest kingdom with the bottom rung for the men who never marry, middle one for the monogamists, and top one for the polygs. Now we know that the doctrine is that the top rung peeps will be doing it for eternity so that part of the doctrine is pretty clear. But what about the middle tier monogs? Especially the ones who disobeyed Brigham Young in not becoming polygs vs the GBH generation who stayed monog and act as if monog is God's only way?

What happens to the servants (such as pre 1978 blacks) or ministering angels? Do they get castrated? Does the equipment not work or not have hormones and feelings? And what about the Terrestrials? Can they kiss or even get to 3rd base? Or what about self-touching? And what about the Telestials vs. Terrestrials as these nonmormons who make the naughty list certainly ought to have less light and glory in the Telestial world than the ones who make the nice list and get the Terrestrial world?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 22, 2012 11:44AM

I'm pretty sure Joe said we would kill ourselves to get to the telestial kingdom because it was so great. I can only assume it's great because of the consequence-free sex, drugs and rock and roll.

While i don't believe in mystical bs anymore, it looks like i'm covered either way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.