Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:43PM

MA&D is of course an acronym for Mormon Apologetics and Discussion Board, the parking garage for apologists like Michael-quit-making-fun-of-my-name-Ash and good ol' Denial C. Peterson as well as the rest of the Farmer Bullshipper crowd...

Perhaps we could make up some rumors... Here's mine...

>They had to shut down. Professor Peterson is too busy testifying in the Smart kidnapping trial to handle all those impersonations he carries on over there (including several mods). Charity volunteered to carry the extra load, sweet spirit that she is, but...

Okay, on a serious note, we all need to humbly remember those folks do more to help people exiting the church than the most dastardly among us within the "anti" crowd...

We need to hold good thoughts in mind as a result and hope for their speedy and safe return to cyberdom...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:48PM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:01PM

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 03:02PM

Remember I told you how 2-3 minutes of MA&D's mental gymnastics turns my brain into oatmeal?

Does this short lay-off make you feel recovered?

Timothy

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 05:15PM

With this gray weather, my seasonal stuff has me looking for trolls to kick as it is, plus there's the usual holiday road rage...

Look at how I went ballistic over that NASA overhype... Plus there was all that Skousen stuff I reviewed (and boyhowdy, did I send that NY Times contributor a hot flamer with some fact checking).

I will confess to "coaching" a couple of RFM regulars who've served missions on their turf, but that's all... They've been straightforward without any agendas, and I've taken the usual blood oaths on those...

I even put the kibosh on rumors that I'm registered over there since Susan gets mad if anyone subborns trolling since it gets bloody when they visit here...

That said, I see Uncle Dale has been coming here lately, perhaps in response to withdrawal symptoms. I hope he was joking about the original "Book of Lehi" describing how they'd come here via Alaska...

Otherwise I might have to give him some history lessons involving a 16th Century Jesuit who figured out Indians and Asians were related...

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 12:01PM

...telling my class about the Asian/Alaskan land bridge back in the 1960's. She got a globe and traced it with her finger -- swept the same finger down the North American and South American continents to show us the path of immigration. It made perfect sense to my pre-adolescent brain. I'm glad that I had such an enlightened teacher.

Later, when I studied Asian religions, I felt that there was a certain spiritual/philisophical outlook shared by the Eastern religions and the Native (North) Americans.

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 04:36PM

Boy, talk about being conflicted. Would love to see them shut down but at the same time they do lead more people out of the church.

Does anyone else think DP's initials are appropriate. Getting screwed two different ways. One by the church and then doubly by him as he prevaricates to keep people in the church?

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 11:44PM

Don't post hardly, but I like to know what ideas are floating around there.

I've been following a most infuriating discussion of patriarchy lately. It seems there are two posters who have a good grasp on the concept, and a lot of posters who are generally uninformed but not total idiots. Then there's one poster who seems completely unable to get his head out of his patriarchal ass in order to see that he has no idea what he's talking about. He's been told over and over how he's wrong conceptually-- and yet he persists in his confusion. It's really hard to read those threads and not think less of Mormons in general. They aren't very careful thinkers.

Posted by: Been Here ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 03:09AM

The board shut down to prevent Brian David Mitchell's defense attorneys from gathering info on Daniel Peterson who testified as an "expert witness" about Mitchell's book.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 07:16AM

Been Here Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The board shut down to prevent Brian David
> Mitchell's defense attorneys from gathering info
> on Daniel Peterson who testified as an "expert
> witness" about Mitchell's book.

Unless one of the faithful has become an exmo?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 11:28AM

They could read him back some of his own online rantings to destroy his credibility as a witness.

There is a rumor that the top leaders told him to get off the discussion boards and stop engaging in fights with anti's. Maybe they are starting to enforce standards of behavior for their apologetic front men finally.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.