Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 11:14AM

The commercials come on often as I am driving to and from work in SLC. Get this or that book written by some LDS person..GA or not...the perfect Christmas gift...blah blah.

I don't think I have ever heard of this type of marketing to any other religious group like the LDS do it. The latest books I have heard advertised include a book about LDS dads and their extraordinary feats and another book with lots of insight into the New Testament by some guy who has knows a lot about the doctrine but whose name was totally unfamiliar to me.

Well, I guess it makes Christmas giving a lot easier for the LDS crowd..just go to Deseret Book and you've got everyone covered. What a captive group of sheep!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 11:25AM

Your post made me laugh. When my DD was trying to justify her conversion to TSCC, she gave me the usual mormon line about Christians pastors only being in it for the money (really? do you know what they make?) and writing books to get famous and make money.

Honey, let's make a visit the CHURCH OWNED DESERET BOOK!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 09:05PM

to really make money on and that these books are just a service to the membership to help them improve and grow and become closer to the Lord. I don't know what the financial scoop is exactly, but if it keeps them in the church, then the ultimate payoff is ten percent.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 09:58PM

...there was plenty of money to be made in that business, especially for the top selling authors!

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 09:40AM

Mormons will swallow anything.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 06, 2010 10:01AM

If I could get just 10 cents off of each one, I would get $500,000. I would say there is plenty of money to be made off of LDSers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.