Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 11:02AM

I can see them now, riding around on Harley's in pairs. Black shirts, white name tags, with bow ties. The guys wear their hair long, or at least over the ear, possibly spiked, with tattoos clearly visible on their arms. Possibly, they wear white temple pants.

They knock on every ones door late at night, as they are getting ready to go to sleep, and hand out material that proves the church isn't true, oh and another thing that makes them different, all their information is completely true.

They have to check in with their leaders every night, who make sure they do not go in too early, unless there is something good on TV that night, but then they are faithful and go back out.

Never once do the words frek, fetch, or darn crosses their lips, if they want to cuss they simply cuss to make their point. They are all open about their sexuality, though none of them ever act creepy around your teenage daughter, as they have way too much legal tail to get over trouble with something like that.

Instead of scriptures, they carry laptops.

Clearly there is no devil, as these guys would exist if there was, and people would be leaving the church in droves, simply based on how awesome they are, other then the whole wake you up as you are trying to go to sleep thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 11:31AM

very entertaining and funny, thxs

can I sign up for that??? lol

Posted by: fearguiltpromise ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 11:53AM

I saw a funny youtube video long time ago about an Atheist Missionary going door to door in Salt Lake City. Definitly anti-missionary.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 12:24PM

flew over to SLC and started knocking on doors with the Book of Darwin.

aka the Origin of Species.

pissed off a lot o' marments.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 03:23PM

word. I'd sign up :)

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 12:14PM

All the references to "Anti-mormons" are so obviously attempts to generate fear among the members.

It really is pathetic when you compare the LDS intense micromanagement and total organization for missionaries to whatever individual, or local grass roots efforts to oppose the lunacy of mormonism.

I always tell my LDS friend that I have never met an anti-mormon because they don't exist. No one goes around calling themselves anti-mormon. The only ones that use the term are GA's and the sheep that follow them.

Newsflash..."No organization is formally or informally using the name anti-mormon"

The boogey-man does not exist.

Date: May 02, 2012 12:41AM

I know that, which is why I described them the way I did, anti meaning standing in opposition. It was a play on words.

Posted by: anonough ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 12:46PM

If I was satan and had to come up with a human image to infiltrate homes and spread my message of control, shame and oppression. I would have to come up with the most visually unassumingly harmless messengers to spread my lies. What better than a clean cut, white shirt and tie wearing teen riding around on a bike. If I was satan, my most effective method of destruction would be to appear that I don't exist.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 03:19PM

Whoa!!! That would be AWESOME!

Having left the cult about 17 to 18, I never got suckered into the Missionary program. But come to think of it, if I did get pressure to go on a mission, this would be the mission I would sign up for... if only it was real.

Furthermore, I could imagine that those anti-mishies would follow the Mormon Mishies around (though not too closely of course) and at each house just visited by the Mo-Mishes, show up and correct all the nonsense that was indoctrinated to the prospect.

Just one final note (couldn't resist):

ForbiddenCokeDrinker said:
"Instead of scriptures, they carry laptops."

Laptops with Recovery from Mormonism set as the web browser's home page, of course!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 05:07PM

Hell, I dodged the bullet for that when I was a TBM, not doing it now! ;oD

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:50AM

It's easy to go to hell. Just enjoy your life.

Now heaven. That's a whole different deal.

You have to deny who you are, give away anything that you work for and comes your way. Never give in to the human that you are. Don't have sex unless you have the right person saying the right words over you, in the right building. Endlessly suffer through people who claim they know all about God, but have the same books you do.
Deprivation in every area of your life. Have children, teach them to be as miserable as you are. Live in fear. After all God is watching your every move. If you don't do and believe what self appointed men tell you, you're going to hell.

Posted by: Delightsome White Boy ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:55AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58wgn-9Y3c

John Safran, atheist knocking doors in Utah.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 06:05AM

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 03:03AM

Anti-missionaries don't go door to door. They cover much more territory on line, like right here where you are reading. TSCC hates the internet..........you can bet on that.

Posted by: anonaholic (not logged in) ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 01:52PM

Arn't the JWs anti-Mormon?

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 01:59PM

Perhaps Satan knows how ineffective door-to-door missionaries are and he would prefer to use us minions in more productive work, such as selling coffee and piercing ears.

Date: May 02, 2012 03:34PM

You forgot tattoos. I know a girl who is a tattoo artist, for whom I would rejoin the cult, just so I could leave it again, if it would give me a chance to...can't go any further, if I want to keep this PG-13.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 06:25AM

I would say the devil wears white and appears very sweet.

Posted by: davesnothere ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 07:34AM

I thought the Devil looked like Elizabeth Hurley.

“I am the Devil! Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, the Prince of Darkness! Well, the Princ-ess, anyway…”

“It’s not easy being the Barbara Streisand of Evil”

Date: May 03, 2012 07:53AM

If the devil looked and acted like Elizabeth Hurley did in that movie, I would be lining up for hell.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 01:56PM

According to the commentary on the DVD I no longer own, the writers deliberately tried to touch on as many stereotypical male fantasies as possible. I curse the circumstances that eliminated the French maid...

Fun bonus detail: her Catholic schoolgirl teacher outfit was from her own personal collection.

Interestingly, the Bedazzled model of the God/Devil relationship, while probably at least marginally offensive to modern True Believer BACs, is pretty close to the tradition of Job.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 09:29AM

the best anti MORmONS are rewarded with top leader sh it positions in the MORmON corporation. these guys are such insufferable self infatuated pricks that satan does not want to be around them!

Think about it. LDS INC does a Bernie Madoff every year or so. and they are STILL getting away with it. LDS Leaders facilitate the ongoing robbery of MORmONS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGEyKCS7-is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1car5aCGE6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.