Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon in UT ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 04:11PM

Following the lastest Mormon Expression podcast on D&C 132 I went searching lds.org for the Sunday School and Institute manuals on that section. By chance I found an April 1976 article by Robert J. McCue entitled "The Saints on Vancouver Island." At the end it says "Robert J. McCue, professor of history at the University of Victoria, serves as first counselor in the Victoria British Columbia Stake presidency."

I'm curious if and how this McCue is related to Bob and other McCues who have posted on post- and/or ex-mo boards, and also if he's still alive and active in the Church. Does anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 04:41PM

This link is to a poem called "The Weaver" that Bob wrote to his father on Father's Day 2004.

http://mccue.cc/bob/documents/rs.the%20weaver.pdf

Seems to me it speaks of his father's patience and unconditional love, even while Bob was making his painful exit from the church.

Anyone else?

Posted by: Cindy kappert ( )
Date: October 30, 2022 04:11PM

Good day. I am looking to find the history on when the Quadra chapel was being built and the labor extracted during completion.
Thank you.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 30, 2022 04:43PM

I checked around for a while but didn't find anything specifically on the history of a Quadra chapel but there is one on Quadra Street in Victoria, B.C.

Here is a link to a history of Mormonism in British Columbia. It's long! There's a section on Vancouver Island (which is where Quadra is). There may be some info there of help or interest to you.

Note: The source is BYU:

https://rsc.byu.edu/canadian-mormons/british-columbia

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.