Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 06:36PM

This link talks about the same thing and someone has noted the last know reference, 2002, Snowflake AZ, Hinckley. Have you found any after that date? I think of it as the birthday of DNA for Mormons.

http://bycommonconsent.com/2010/05/06/where-have-all-the-lamanites-gone/

"In the 2002 dedication of the Snowflake Arizona Temple, Pres. Hinckley prayed that “this Thy house will be available to the sons and daughters of Lehi who live nearby. Let the scales of darkness fall from their eyes and bring a fulfillment of the ancient promises made concerning them. May this house become a hallowed sanctuary for many of these, our brothers and sisters.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 06:38PM by Heresy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: December 04, 2010 07:43PM

http://lds.org/liahona/2004/05/standing-spotless-before-the-lord?lang=eng

I love meeting the children of Lehi in spotless white in the numerous temples in the Mexico South Area, where I am currently serving. I feel as President Gordon B. Hinckley did at the dedication of the Guatemala City temple:

“Thou kind and gracious Father, our hearts swell with gratitude for thy remembrance of the sons and daughters of Lehi, the many generations of our fathers and mothers who suffered so greatly and who walked for so long in darkness. Thou hast heard their cries and seen their tears. Now there will be opened to them the gates of salvation and eternal life” (Guatemala City Guatemala Temple dedicatory prayer, in “Their Cries Heard, Their Tears Seen,” Church News, 23 Dec. 1984, 4).

I have seen humble descendants of Lehi come down from the mountains to that temple and openly weep as they stood there in awe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 07:44PM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.