Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: serena ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 03:23AM

I admit to playing with trolls on youtube, not a lot - just some.

This one is just wild:

you know when they found the titanic they found a bunch of brown bags but you know what? they were not brown bags they were stomuchs! coffee rust! thats freaking sick! coffee coated there stomuchs. look at a coffee persons stomuch verses a healthy stomach that doesnt drink it. that stuff is nasty! Its the human race that drinks pop not just Mormons. we are taught not to harm our bodys, we are temples, we don't smoke, drink, and we sure dont know anything that is allegal bothtothelandoreyeofgod

The author is named "hanypants"

Where in the world do they get this stuff? I copied it directly, exactly as written.

It's in the comment section of "Is Mormon Prophet Hinckley Lying on Larry King?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 03:25AM by serena.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 10:21AM

Honestly hanypants, if you are trying to make a point, these ridiculous stories completely undermine your credibility. I swear, people like this are the sort of people who think the newspaper is the National Enquirer.

Have fun playing with the trolls serena - hope you annoy as many as possible. :)

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 10:23AM

Makes me wish illiteracy was "allegal."

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 05:21PM

Hilarious. Thank you --made my day.

Date: May 03, 2012 05:25PM

This one is too good Serena. Really makes you stop and think----that the poster is an idiot.

That is really digging at the bottom of the barrel for justifications for their stupid WOW.

By the way Serena...."all the day and night time hear me sigh.."

The other thread closed before I could tell you, but it meant a lot what you said.

Posted in the worn spot again...dang!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 05:32PM by blueorchid.

Posted by: confusedconvert ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 05:16PM

Thats the exact same story one of the missionaries told me.. sigh..what couldn't I see through it, things would have been so much easier

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 05:22PM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 05:27PM

this is being kept secret by the greedy medical establishment?

No, that won't work either...doctors not drinking coffee is just weird.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 05:44PM

My husband was taught this in sunday school 30 years ago, but it was tea not coffee.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 05:48PM

I heard it when I was a kid, but it was the tannic acid in tea rather than coffee. Even as a TBM kid, I was skeptical.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 07:36PM

Posted by: Turd ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 08:17PM

guy who drank so much coffee that the whites of his eyes turned brown. The bishop said it in all seriousness.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 05:21PM

Actually, that might look kinda cool. :-D

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 08:28PM

I had my first cup of coffee in 1966......still a fan....

Posted by: Bro.R.H. ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 03:51PM

I have a 92 year old nevermo aunt who has been a heavy coffee drinker for almost 70 years and is still going strong. Has a little trouble walking, but is mentally sharp as the proverbial tack.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 09:04PM

I had a Mormon tell me, in all seriousness, about the tannic acid in tea. I responded with: "Bull! If tea was a tanning agent it would be used to tan leather. It is not. Try again."

The Mormon was deeply offended, of course. lol

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 09:36AM

when you kill an animal and plan to tan the hide, their brain is used because of the tannin that is in it. Just rub the brain up and down the length of the animals hide. [insert ideas about what the brain is thinking this whole time...]

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 09:53PM

I think if you drink too much coffee, you are at risk for masturbation, homosexuality, all kinds of spiritual and physical disease--LOL. This makes about as much as sense as some of the things I hear about coffee from mormons. It is amazing some of the things you hear.

Date: May 03, 2012 10:11PM

Something I still laugh about. The first time my TBM mother saw the coffee pot at the house she said, "Do you 'use' coffee?'

She said it the same way she would have said "Do you 'use' heroin?"

I couldn't even respond. How do you?!?

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 01:00AM

I would say in a frosty tone, "No, I don't use coffee, but I do drink it"

Posted by: MollieNomore ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 01:02AM

LMAO at the "use" coffee comment... BRILLIANT!!

Posted by: eskimogirlfriend ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 01:53AM

My mom said the same thing to me! "When did you start using coffee?"

I laughed and laughed.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 01:06AM

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 02:11AM

Who cares if your stomach is dyed brown inside. My grandma drank it but only lived to be 92 years old.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 08:54PM

Your grandmother outlived my grandmother by one year.

And my grandmother lived a very healthy lifestyle, walking two miles every morning as long as she was able, and was a firm believer in the WoW.

Posted by: newlyreleased ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 03:40AM

This is the same story the missionaries told me in my new convert lessons in 2002. Except they said that it was British tea that made everyone's stomachs turn to leather at the bottom of the ocean.

I believed them without ever thinking about it or researching it....ahh, the lalaland that new converts wallow in...

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:16AM

Just told my neighbor, the Dutch MD, this holy horsesh!t. He could not believe ANYONE, ANYWHERE would believe that story, and further, that any MD hearing it wouldn't correct the speaker telling it.

I told him that as he has had no experience of FPR in general, or of Mormons and their chronic, unapologetic abuse of same in particular, he just couldn't understand the value in this sort of thing to the church. Or the fervor with which some will themselves to believe, being able to ignore common sense and medical facts, because their faith asks them to.

He said faith is believing that cancer can be cured, but stupidity is the belief that faith cures cancer.

Interestingly, though this doesn't happen too often here in this neighborhood, we just had the doorbell ring and some very nice (and pretty) young girls speaking French, asked if they could tell us the "good news" about the Bible.

We told them, in English, that we did not wish to listen, were not interested in their message, and to have a nice day; to which, the leader of the group of 3 (older woman, hanging back a bit) spoke up and said that they most certainly WOULD, in a tone that makes me think she certainly hoped that I myself would not.

I think they were JWs, though. The LDS boys were here last month, but they were on bikes.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 11:09AM

I'm plagiarizing the hell out of this one.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 11:09AM

It's really starting to turn my "stomuch".

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 02:39PM

Came back to read the coffee post while drinking a great cup of coffee. I am not sure how I survived over the years not drinking coffee each day. It is one of the pleasures of life.

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 02:54PM

ROTFLMAO!!! I, too, heard this one -- in RS, not SS, and also from a co-worker whose bishop forbade her to drink green tea because it was against the WoW.

I'm also a Titanic trivia nut. Here's the science: There were no specific human remains found at the wreck site, either during the first expedition in 1985 or any subsequent ones. Microorganisms would have devoured them shortly after the sinking. And (obviously), no logical person would expect to find brown bags two miles down, unless they were leather satchels or suitcases, which would NOT resemble intestines in size or shape.

Last month, however, some scientists speculated there might be remnants of human remains "embedded" in the shoes, overcoat, or mud where bodies had fallen -- but these would not be visible.

Where do gullible members get this stuff, anyway? And why do they repeat such silly nonsense?

Posted by: RG001 ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 04:07PM

My jack mo dad gave me a little coffee with cream and sugar once in a while when I was 3 or 4 years old. I'm not a habitual drinker, maybe two or three cups a week. But I love it, and who doesn't love waking up in the wilderness smelling bacon, eggs and fresh-brewed coffee? Heaven must smell like that!!!

Posted by: srlowther ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 08:44PM

My children and ex-wife are now in Ogden attending her funeral.

The irony is that her last years have been miserable for her and her family just because she didn't drink two cups of coffee per day.

http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/alerts/colon_cancer/JohnsHopkinsColonCancerHealthAlert_3051-1.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/025737_coffee_risk_cancer.html

Coffee, Tea, or Dementia?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-brain-food/201007/coffee-tea-or-dementia

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.