Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:11AM

I don't have kids, do you? ;)
It's just one of many popular mommy boards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:11AM

It's a hangout for Mormon moms. It sometimes attracts nevermos, but the board mods are quick to delete nonconforming posts. I've noticed a trend toward greater awareness about the church over there of late. A number of those women have read the MormonThink site.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:17AM

I read it occasionally when I'm bored. Sometimes, it really highlights the craziness that is Mormonism. For instance, in that fruit salad thread that was referenced, a woman was upset that a missionary she'd had over for dinner didn't eat her fruit salad with creamy dressing. She said she noticed when there was no "tell-tale smear of cream" on his plate. She thought he was rude to refuse her food, so therefore he's not fit to teach her friends.

And then another poster pipes up with how missionaries are "set apart" by God to teach. She lambasts the OP for not recognizing how special these 19 year old boys are. Like, if the church sends someone on a mission, they must somehow be messengers of God.

To a nevermo like me, it's really ridiculous and, I have to admit, somewhat entertaining. Makes me feel like putting on a tinfoil hat.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:20AM

I bet my sisters are on it.

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:27AM

Mine too...all 5 of them...

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 10:31AM

what the batshit crazies think and talk about amongst themselves.

the lack of perspective is downright creepy.

I'm sure people watch train wrecks for a similar reason.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 01:47PM

It's like train-wreck reality TV, only unscripted (or at least the brainwashed participants don't realize their issues have been scripted by the morg). It's quite a glimpse into the REAL insanity lived by these deeply indoctrinated people, and how it manifests in EVERY aspect of their lives. At least that's why I read the LDS board there.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 01:50PM

Those women are incredibly naive and sheltered people.It's amusing to watch them pontificate on the horrible evil world. Somtimes it's appalling, but like scooter said, people watch train wrecks for a reason.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.