Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wonderer ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 06:43PM

I have a friend who is Mormon, but in some ways more of Jack Mormon - ie. doesn't wear garments, has mixed feelings about a lot of things in the culture, etc... But she doesn't consider herself exMormon and feel enriched by a lot of things in the religion.

I may be answering my own question as I type this, but I know there is a New Order Mormon board, but that seems like the title of it alone is not very fun and sounds a bit controlled. Some friends of her's drink and she is comfortable around drinking, I have wondered if some of the ExMormon social groups should be open to Jack Mormons who want to attend as they think through things and just for community where they can speak more openly about their thoughts and feelings.

In this case she has a few friends like myself who are not typical active Mormons that she can talk to, but she seems like she could use a broader social circle. I know in SLC there is the Jack Mormon Coffee company and I wonder if it would be good to have the Jack Mormon coffee company come to other areas of the Zion Belt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.