Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cecilia ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 09:00AM

http://www.rickgrunder.com/Newspapers%20for%20Sale/EmmaLetter/emmaletter.htm

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Is this letter a forgery as this site claims? I'm having a discussion with a TBM cousin and would like to know more about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cecilia ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 09:08AM

Nevermind, I went back to the site that I originally got the letter from (Mormon Delusion FB page) and got the explanation I needed.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 09:10AM

To directly answer your question .... I have no idea.

Whenever I hear about letters that supposedly either discredit the church or sustain the church I cringe. That's because it's very easy for both critics and apologists to attack the authenticity of such letters, and even if such letters are deemed authentic by a consensus on all sides it's quite easy to attack the contents and context of such letters. I prefer to focus my time and energy on issues that are easy to analyze.

1. DNA of the Native Americans, Mongolians/Siberians, Hebrews. It's very easy to analyze as we have people from all 3 groups wandering the planet today and barring any mass genoicides this situation isn't going to be changing in my lifetime or the next several generations.

2. Facsimiles of the Book of Abraham. It's irrefutable that Joseph Smith made interpretations on them which have been canonized as scripture.

3. Changing history on polygamy and racism. Their history is well-documented in sermons, canonized scriptures, journals of leaders/pioneers, and even the memories of those of us who grew up over 2 decades ago in Mormonism. When I think about what the LDS leaders are doing I'm reminded of 2 Ne 9:34.

Many other issues .... but I'm too tired of their BS nonsense today to comment further. May Monson and his stooges get a just reward for their cowardice and lack of ethics/honesty.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 01:51PM

I'm with you. For me, those are the things that can be tested and proven. Doesn't matter if I think JS was a scumbag or the greatest human that ever lived. His work is verifiably false.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.