Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 10:53AM

Keep in mind, I don't go after my way to try, but I have had a couple of somewhat religious associates who have drifted away to full blown atheism after talking to me. OK, this is probably a journey they were taking on their own, but if Mormons can get excited about tricking people into joining their cult, I am going to start bragging about helping people discover the truth about the lack of God.

Also, as a side note, I would like to report that my friends who have become atheist, are far more happier in their lives now, then the people who I conned into joining Mormonism, back on my mission (unless they got out) and that they never knew what true happiness was, until they discovered the bliss of atheism. They may have thought they were truly happy as Christians, but they report to me now that this was a false true happiness, and now they are actually truthfully truly happy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 10:55AM

Also, I know they are staying converted to atheism, because none of them are showing up to any of my atheist meetings. If they had the least bit of religious inklings, they would show up.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 11:00AM

in my case Atheism seemes a reasonable choice after realizing the church is not what I believed. I feel duped and don't know which god or gods to look to.
Spiritual growth in some fashion I think

No god/gods is comfortable, it is nice not waiting to be punished. At this time....I am still searching. I went to a "welcome all" church yesterday. I love singing.

I introduced myself like this to a few : Hi! I'm Pat, a recovering mormon

lol, that did amuse me

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 11:12AM

...atheism is easier, sin is easier, it doesn't make any demands, doesn't have any morals or restriction, yadda yadda yadda.

But, yes, it is fun to see people experiencing authentic happiness instead of that stuff religion has been selling them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.