Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 02:47PM

We were a full blown TBM family but looking back I wonder how I was able to get away from doing some of the TBM things

I never once

Went to the cannery
Went to the Bishops Storehouse
Went to EFY
Went to Desert Industries to work

When they would pass the list around everyone would just sit there in class and look at the floor or ceiling....lol

I always questioned authority and was a thorn in the leadership side at church and for this reason I was never called to be the president of anything....lol and that is exactly how I wanted it.

I did do a lot of service for the elderly and single moms of the ward always fed the missionaries. Helping was something I liked to do but for some reason I always felt inside that the church was just using its members for slave labor.

I guess I was right all along.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: romy ( )
Date: May 07, 2012 02:56PM

I gave plenty of talks as a youth but in the 5 or 6 years of pretty solid activity in my singles ward I was never asked to speak, so I've never actually given a talk in church as an "adult".

I'm not complaining, but I was pretty surprised because I was in 1 pretty small ward and avoided what I felt like I couldn't avoid for more than a few months as a youth.

No efy for me either. My parents borrowed someone's portable canner so I couldn't avoid that one...got to can wheat right there at home and once had to stay home and do it instead of going to the movies with my friends, annoying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.