Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon1234 ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 07:35AM

Last night I took my three teens to my TBM parents house for dinner. Beforehand, my mother indicated that the missionary's had been invited too. At first I thought about cancelling, but then I said, "You know what, no problem, we're coming."

Before dinner, the missionary began asking me and my three girls a lot of questions about where we were from, where we lived (i.e. including the exact location). Once he figured we were out of his area, he left us alone. At that point, we were of no use to him (i.e. no potential converts there).

After dinners, they read from the BOM, and then he had an object lesson about "thinking outside the box." He said, "We need to be careful about finding the answers to lifes questions by looking for the answers in the world, ESPECIALLY THE INTERNET...Our Heavenly Father has provided the answers for us through our parents, the scriptures, the feelings that the Holy Ghost provides, and by the testimony's of our leaders."

On the way home, I asked my teens to "break it down" for me. What was the missionary saying. My teen daughter said, "Well, basically he was saying that we need to believe something based on someone else word and by feelings. We should ignore facts and evidence." BINGO.

It's so nice to understand the stupidity of TSCC's message now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Robin ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 07:38AM

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 09:34AM

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 09:52AM

No doubt, your parents invited the missionaries on purpose.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:06AM

I find that message so disturbing. SOB LDS inc!

If truth leads to Christ, then how could any other book or place that contains truth lead you away from Christ?

Obviously this church knows their days are numbered now.

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:20AM

That's an awesome response from your kids, congratulations on teaching them critical thinking skills!

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:27AM

That was great that you and your children heard from the missionaries first hand. It is better to understand what they teach and why they are wrong, rather than to ignore them. Your daughter understands the real truth. Congratulations to you all.

Posted by: rosemary ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 12:34PM

Anyone wondering how long before the prophet gets an "impression" that the Internet should be ignored altogether? I'm surprised we haven't heard it yet. (But then, I haven't been listening to the prophet since before the last one died. Is the Internet strongly discouraged?)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.