Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 11:05AM

Hey everyone,

I realize this is a long shot, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Back when I became a member, there was a guy named Eugene in my ward who I was briefly friends with. I had a class at junior college with him prior to my baptism, so I hung out with him as a friendly face. I say briefly friends because he very quickly tried to get me interested in the conspiracy theories about the microchip "mark of the beast" and the locusts in Revelation referring to Apache helicopters in the Gulf War. I wasn't buying it, and neither did the ward when he and his wife tried to teach that stuff in Sunday school. They were removed as teachers the following week. A few months later he, his wife, and several other ward members all moved to Utah together to form a commune and presumably wait for Armageddon.

I have a suspicion that he might be up to some illegal stuff out there, but I can't for the life of me remember his last name to do some searching.

As I said, a long shot, but just in case...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 11:52AM

In Central and southern Utah alot of compounds in various communities. Sanpete County is a popular spot as is Washington County, particulalrly in La Verkin.

Definately a long shot, rural Utah (and other parts of the Intermountain West for that matter) are chock full of people that think like that.

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 01:16PM

Nope, not him, but thanks for checking.

The Eugene I knew was a heavyset guy (almost the portly/jolly stereotype) with short hair and I think a mustache. About 5'10 I'd guess. His wife was taller than him with long dark hair and a really shrill voice (especially annoying as they were in the ward choir and her singing voice was PIERCING).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.