Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 05:49PM

I wish I had the fortitude to stand up in a testimony meeting with a suit and tie and bear my testimony that this church is a true cult and all BS. Then proceed to talk about all the info I have gathered until I am physically removed from the building.

Anyone ever done or seen it happen? If you are going to do it please let me know and I will plan my vacation around it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:32PM

Get up and say how your testimony has really struggled after learning that JS was marrying young girls and other mens' wives. Then go on and say how you know the church is true and even though JS WAS having sex with all those women, your testimony can not be damaged. God must have wanted JS to have lots of sex with lots of women. Throw in a few more faith demoting facts all followed up with your testimony that those things don't matter because the church is true.

No one will know what hit them. I have actually considered doing this while travelling (people in my area already know I'm an apostate).

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:37PM

Very devious. I like it.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:40PM

That's the way to do it.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:47PM

Add how your testimony was strengthened after discovering that the Book of Abraham was really a common funerary text because it shows the how great the power of God must have been for Joseph Smith to translate using his spiritual eyes even when the Egyptian hieroglyphics appear to mean something else to "the world". How marvellous God was to plant the Rosetta Stone as a red herring to deceive intellectuals...

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:49PM

How about taking your ipad up to the pulpit and give your spiel

and turn it to the audience and hit send to resign and tell

them how easy it is. Turn and tell Bishop you don't need a

confirmation visit about your resignation.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:54PM

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 09:37PM

That's brilliant!

Why go anon for that comment! Take credit!

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 11:14PM

Brilliant.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 06:53PM

Thxs....I had some wonderful daydreams today because of this post. Great fun!

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 07:42PM

Because i want to experience it and want to see whta he thinks of it from the outside now. Maybe I can talk him into doing something like this. I choose Tauna's idea.

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 09:51PM

I wish I had all the testimony meeting reports I've posted here in years past. There were some doozies, and I can't remember them. Wish I'd kept a master copy.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:26PM

My uncle went to F&T meeting after he converted to Catholicism and testified about Mother Mary, and the her power to transform people. He went on about how to pray the Rosary. If I didn't know my uncle better I'd swear he was lying. He had been inactive for awhile and they'd been trying to reactivate him for a very long time. I am sure they were excited to see him at church finally, AND he was going to bear his testimony.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 11:02PM

I SAW THAT HAPPEN and haven't you wondered what they would do?

A couple of men-in-black came in and took the speaker each by one arm, while whispering soothing words, and Cheney-marched her out of the room.

The meeting went on and everybody pretended nothing happened.

Weird

Anagrammy

Posted by: FormerLattetClimber ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 11:10PM

Wow when it happened in my Ward the Bishop let him finish. I think he was a cool Bishop. Very compassionate. Either that or he was too stunned back then to do the Cheney-walk. (I like that term lol!)

Posted by: hellrazor ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 11:51PM

I SO want to do that when I resign!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.