Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 07:51PM

Not really. Our local supermarket requires their employees to wear a white shirt, tie AND they have a black name tag. It makes me laugh. You have to look twice.

The point is in non mormon America, most people dont 'think' mormon. That would be sacrilege in Utah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: templenameaaron ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 08:08PM

You got to love hy-vee where there is a helpful smile in every isle.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 08:41PM

I still think the funniest costumes I saw on Freemont St in Las Vegas on Halloween were guys dressed as Mormon missionaries, as they had beer in their hands.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 08:46PM

Reminds me of a story--well, two stories. After I converted to Mormonism I accompanied sister missionaries to teach investigators. One missionary was young and the other was a senior missionary. The older missionary had been inactive for many years and had smoked.

She became active and went on a mission. During one teaching appointment, the investigator lit up a cigarette, took a few puffs and set it down. The senior missionary's hand moved to pick it up and then she jerked it away. We all chuckled and she was a bit embarrassed, then explained she had recently stopped smoking. It endeared her to us.

When I was serving my mission in Argentina, I told my first missionary companion about this senior missionary, giving him her name (which I have since forgotten). He asked if she was from Blackfoot, ID, which she was, and he told me he knew her. He and his friends lived near her and used to give her a bad time and she'd call the police on them. The small world of Mormonism.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:31PM

In Florida, I do a double take every time I see a Publix employee in their get up. I also make it a point, if I ever see missies shopping someplace, to ask them where some obscure item is located.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.