Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 06:13PM

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. -- Mark Twain

Most of our platitudes notwithstanding, self-deception remains the most difficult deception. The tricks that work on others count for nothing in that very well-lit back alley where one keeps assignations with oneself: no winning smiles will do here, no prettily drawn lists of good intentions. -- Joan Didion

Hustlers of the world, there is one Mark you cannot beat: The Mark Inside. -- William S. Burroughs

Human kind cannot bear very much reality. --T. S. Eliot

I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one. ―- George Washington

History is a set of lies agreed upon. ―- Napoleon Bonaparte

The truth is always an insult or a joke, lies are generally tastier. We love them. The nature of lies is to please. Truth has no concern for anyones comfort -― Katherine Dunn

At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right. -― Miguel de Unamuno

Perhaps "fuck off" would be too kind. -- Alex Turner

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.