Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: earljohnson ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 12:59AM

i have been taught all my life that LDS people are happier because they don't have the problems with drugs, adultery, STD's, crime, spend more time w/ family, etc. I have also been taught that they are kinder to people, better neighbors, etc. I know it isn't true, but it has been so engrained into my mind that i am so confused.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mo larkey ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 01:08AM

Posted by: Baptist Nevermo ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 01:16AM

I know lots of people who don't have problems with drugs, adultery, crime, STD's, etc., and none of them are Mormon.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 01:44AM

Just ask any nonmomron how their "Mormon" neighbors treated them while living in heavily populated Utah counties. I for one will tell you we were shunned- all of us....mom, dad all the kids. We were not good enough for the Mormons.

And happier??? Give me a break. Utah dispenses more drugs to keep the women awake and "happy" and useful to the Church. So drugs for the marrieds, yes.... Drugs- for teens, yes? Oh, I know for certain Mormon kids -boys now- have used drugs. My daughter told me so and she was witness to it but did not partake.

Sleeping around....you bet....my Mormon SIL even told me that before my daughter he slept around. I thought...."oh great....not only is my daughter interested in a guy who is in a cult, now she must worry about what he may have "caught". Mormons are not better than anyone. That is so false it is laughable.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 03:11AM

I was a Mo when I lived in Orem, and found the neighbors to be judgmental, very harsh on perceived "outsiders".

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 02:04AM

http://deadlydeceit.com/BDD_Henry-Kester.html

Open letter from a very angry neighbor.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 05:44AM

This is DH. He preaches the Mormon perfection to me every day. He is extremely dillusional.

Posted by: Mag ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 09:00AM

On STD's:

While learning about AIDS in Medical School my husband was taught that one of the fastest growing AIDS populations is Mormon Women in Utah. Husbands bring it home to them and they don't know... Really sad. He went to Medical School in Tennessee and this was just a couple of years ago.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 09:34AM

...I notice that reported incidents of Chlamydia infections in Utah have been rising sharply (from a little more than 2,000 per year in 1999 to about 6,000 per year in 2008.) Gonorrhea was rising within the past decade as well, although it seemed to have peaked in 2006-2007 and has fallen since then.

Based on the CDC's statistics, there are about 180 women with full-blown AIDS in Utah (since the beginning of the epidemic until December 2008) who acquired their disease through heterosexual sex. That doesn't count the larger number of women in the state who are living with HIV.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/stateprofiles/usmap.htm

Posted by: twelfth night ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 06:32PM

Mormons aren't happier. "They don't have the problems with drugs, adultery, crime...." Being LDS creates as many problems as it solves, sadly. Trying to live up to the expectations creates extreme stress. There is too much pressure. Too many rules that are not even reasonable. And it's not easy in this culture to not even be able to drink coffee, no alcohol, no smoking either. Just speaking objectively too much is demanded. In my opinion anyway.

I have a million Mormon relatives. If they are 'happy' they hide it well.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 07, 2010 06:54PM

One thing I did after filing for divorce from my Mormon ex-husband was to get every STD test out there, and I was relieved they were all negative, and that includes the HIV test as well. I did this after I found out my ex lied in the past about how he got Chlamydia, as he blamed the person he dated before me, when the truth was he cheated on her, and gave her that disease.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.