Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 09:44PM

My only hobby is my elephant statue collection. That and video games. It isn't something Mormonism would have stopped me from enjoying, but I have more money and time to spend on my hobby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 09:48PM

Trying out different wines and beers. And Scotch whisky. And Irish whiskey. And cognac!

Actually, I find that I have less tendency for the kind of OCD that drove me to collect things when I was younger.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 09:53PM

I'm retired so I have two reasons to have time for hobbies! :-) I just like the freedom (within the limits of some of our health conditions) to relax, spend my time doing what I want.

I have this goofy collection of small boxes. I have no idea why I like them, but I have about two dozen that I really like. I have limited myself to only two dozen! :-)
I love to "window shop" at thrift stores and consignment stores and second hand stores.

I can stick with a project now and be a bit obsessive ! I've made "Go Green Bags" out of fabric I collected (I also collect fabric) and finally stopped at over 300.

I also like to knit - usually must scarves and caps. I have a collection of yarn for my next project.

I never would have even considered these projects when a member except on a much smaller scale.

I also make cards out of hubby's large photography collection, most of our area.

And I read. I have filled so many bookcases, I finally took some to a used book store for credit so I can get more! :-)

Interesting you collect elephant statues. When I was a young girl I collected stuffed and glass animals and I still have a small blue glass elephant from probably the late 1940's.

I come from three generations (at least) of women who encouraged a "collection" of some sort! So it's in my blood! :-)

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 10:09PM

Wine tasting!

All the rest I did anyway as a mormon.
I never wore garmies while doing yard work.
I went to workshops on sundays.
I never went to church while traveling.

Most of all I refused to give up things I loved to do in order to meet the requirements of people at church.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 10:10PM

I collect "Homies"

They are about an inch and a half tall...little gangsta dudes. There are a few series out now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2012 10:13PM by Lost Mystic.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.