Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:31PM

I started taking it two years ago and it's made a huge difference in my life. I take 2000iu once a day and get my bloodwork done once a year. I'm still a little low (which gives you an idea of how low I must have been before taking it) but I have far more energy, far less depression and am slowly but surely becoming more functional.

(Another thing I do is freeze the gelatin fish oil capsules and take three just before bed. I hate fish but this is good for my cholesterol and brain function.)

Posted by: elysiannevermo ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:32PM

Think she was referencing Diablo 3 which was just released today...

Date: May 15, 2012 11:32PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 16, 2012 12:32AM

I just haven't started to play it yet.

Color me bright pink!

:D

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:33PM

YES!!! My husband's body stopped making Vit D completely (possibly because he has cancer in his R lower leg) and he was put on mega doses for several months. He takes 2000 D3 now and so do I. There are several research papers done on the subject that seems to indicate we need a lot more of it than we usually get from sunshine.
I can't point to any one thing that I notice that is different or better, but I continue to take my daily dose! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2012 11:34PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:34PM

I take it every day. Chronic low levels have been linked to breast cancer. I have to wonder. I don't fit any other profiles.

Diablo 3 not yet :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2012 11:34PM by Mia.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:36PM

But I take my D every day. Most people in PacNW run low on it.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:37PM

I'm so out of it.. .I automatically thought of the vitamin!! LOL

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:39PM

LoL. I too assumed she meant diaablo. Alas world of warcraft sucks up all my time.

Date: May 15, 2012 11:42PM

I didn't pick it up because I am disappointed what the series has turned into. :( Been playing Aion and Battlefield 3 to occupy my time

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: May 15, 2012 11:53PM

A bunch of my friends are playing it. Sadly, I have a real life and can't spend that much time on it.

Soon, when school ends, and I don't have a real life, I'll be all over that game!

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: May 16, 2012 12:05AM

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 16, 2012 08:52AM

Vitamin D - My doc told me when I moved to Wa state that low Vit D is very common round here, as a prior poster said. After reading this thread, I upped my dosage...lol

D3 - I am still on World of Warcraft but I did download the trial of Diablo II. I had trouble navigating, but did not spend much time with it. Just decided this morn to play my Priesty who is lvl 82, dual spec. I am going to change her hair style and try to concentrate on her. My hunter is fairly maxed out and really is just working on the 250k kill pvp title, she already has the lower one "of the Horde".

Taking fish oil at night is a very neat idea...never thought of doing them cold... good idea

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.