Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koolgirl20 ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 09:12PM

So the elder I fell in love with told another elder to give me a message " tell her that I care about her a lot and that I love her to death"...would this mean he does love me in the way that I love him? or what? I kind of told him in a letter how I feel towards him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 09:38PM

After which, he'll go home and forget you.

BTW, " tell her that I care about her a lot and that I love her to death" is about as noncommittal and "what a cute kid" as you can get.

Or you two could be happy together for the rest of your lives.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 12:03AM

JoD3:360 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After which, he'll go home and forget you.

...Or FAR FAR worse, the elder might follow through and actually marry the girl. There's a recipe for an extra MORmONY ( CRAPPY! ) Marriage !

Date: May 30, 2012 09:48PM

Well I'm already baptized, he baptized me last year. does that make a difference?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:30PM

He is set apart as a missionary and cannot come within arms reach. He cannot proclaim his love for you until after he is released when he gets home, lest he be chastized and transferred. It is not uncommon for former missionaries to go back to their ares to find that special someone.

What you could do is ask for his home address and write to him as soon as he goes home. Once he is no longer bound by mission rules he will be able to fully express his true feelings.

That's how I would do it, your mileage may vary. If there is a love between the both of you, then I wish you the very best, and don't let distance stand between you. Real love must not be abandoned.

Date: June 06, 2012 02:47PM

Thank you :) distance won't distance us if anything.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:37PM

he baptised me good.

He will baptize me
He will hold me in his arms
And he will baptize me
Right in front of everyone
And it will set me free
When he looks into my eyes
And he sees just how much
I love being baptized

are you wet with salvation?

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 11:33PM

NO

Posted by: Liveinlou ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:32PM

Based on my experience, don't pine for unavailable people.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:33PM

Just curious. Do you believe the LDS church is true?

If not, are you willing to live the rest of your life and raise your kids as Mormons?

Because that's what will probably be required of you to be in a relationship with this guy.

Date: June 06, 2012 02:55PM

I believe in god, not the church. I wouldn't mind my kids being raised into the lds church, hey as long as they don't become drug addicts, gang members, or whatever as long as they become good people.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:44PM

"I care about her". That sound like a sentence women sometimes start with, "You're a nice guy, but ...."

Posted by: diableavecargent ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:47PM

We're you baptized for the reasons he wanted to baptize you. More than likely he wanted a statistic. He has written home telling his folks that he shared the gospel with someone prepared from the foundation of the earth to hear the word.

No telling what he is thinking, but if he is like any of my companions were, he has an aversion to girls in the field, and has his life mapped out in his mind once he returns home.

Why are you asking on this site? How converted are you?

Date: June 06, 2012 02:58PM

He in no moment told me :Hey! get baptized for me!
I got baptized because I wanted to be apart of something different. Of how converted I am, I don't think much at all haha because I haven't gone to church for like 12 weeks. I only go when I feel like it or when I have time.

Date: June 06, 2012 02:59PM

oh and I am asking on this site because I'm sure that there are alot of open minded people here, who wouldn't mind answering questions or etc.

Posted by: Robin ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 10:50PM

koolgirl20 Wrote:
> So the elder I fell in love with told another
> elder to give me a message " tell her that I care
> about her a lot and that I love her to
> death"

...would this mean he does love me in the
way that I love him?

NO.

or what?

If he loved you he could have said, "Tell her I love her." Instead he says, "I care about her a lot."
"Love her to death" means, well it doesn't mean he is in love with you. At all.

Sorry. He is not in a position to pursue those feelings.

Why did you join? For him? Run away, my dear. Run.

Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 11:49PM

Date: June 06, 2012 03:01PM

in a way I did join for him, he doesn't know this...I think

Posted by: waner ( )
Date: May 30, 2012 11:38PM

He could have feelings for you, and it is possible he is not wanting to say how he feels because of the situation he is in (e.g. on a mission). I never pursued a girl in one of my areas because I was afraid of how I would be perceived (she was a member and we both liked each other)...I thought I would be vilified for having feelings I could not control.

Understand his situation the best you can and do your best to accept the possible outcome that he will ultimately side with his religion. I'm sorry you're in the situation you are in, it's not fun to have feelings where they are not reciprocated. There are many people in this world, I know you can find someone who will give back the same feelings you feel now, it happened with me.

Date: June 06, 2012 03:02PM

thats why I'm thinking that he may have feelings for me but can't express them because of his mission. Its making me depressed.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 12:23AM

You joined the wrong church for the wrong reasons.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 12:56AM

Second.

This dude probably has someone waiting at home. And if he knew you were on this site, he'd probably disown you. I'm a part of your generation and I used to hang around missionaries and RMs every single Sunday. Trust me--the whole situation is far more complicated than you could ever imagine.

Date: June 06, 2012 03:03PM

you think he would disown me?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 01:01AM

The obstacles would not matter, he would not need a go-between.

Posted by: plodder ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 03:03AM

+100

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 04:29AM

I don't know you, but there are some things I would want my daughter to know about Mormon males:

They are raised to think they are superior to females, and that as Mormon Priesthood-holders, they have dominion over their wives and children.

They believe that in the afterlife, that they will have many wives.

They believe that God and Christ have many wives.

There is a Mormon hierarchy, and a convert will never be considered to be as good as a BIC (Born in the Covenant) Mormon. A BIC Mormon is born to parents who are temple sealed. In the Mormon social structure, there are rewards for being faithful--and social status is a great reward. Your missionary most likely has a girl or several girls waiting for him at home. There will be daughters of Bishops and Stake Presidents, perhaps girls he grew up with, and their parents have plans for them.

Even at BEST--if he does marry you--you will be married in the temple in a secret ceremony that excludes your parents and all other non-Mormons. I believe, from experience, that Mormons don't love very deeply. A female plays the ROLE of wife and mother, but is not appreciated as an individual. You will be very lonely--especially as a marginalized convert.

I know so many, many, many women who have ended up unhappy and defeated. I met them in the dorms at BYU, and kept touch with them years afterwards. I, myself, had the misfortune of marrying two Mormon men. Read D & C 132, which illustrates the sexism in the Mormon cult.

Run! Don't worry about if he loves you or if he loves you not--just run, and never look back. There are many lovely, nurturing, kind, sane men out there. Don't be side-tracked by a crazy fanatic, who is and always will be "unavailable." The Mormon church comes first--ahead of spouse and family. These are sicko's!

Posted by: Robin ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 09:44AM

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 09:52AM

This rings so sickeningly true In my OWN life. Aweful. Just aweful! Yes. RUN!!!

Date: June 06, 2012 03:04PM

I've been asking my self that question. How come females don't have the priesthood? why can't we baptize anyone?

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 09:41AM

I was a member for eighteen years.
we joined the church when I was just ten.

I have seen many, many missionaries come and go. And I have seen many, many girls fall in love with one or more of them. Myself included.

Never, ever in my experience has that resulted in a real relationship.

Please also keep in mind that he is not his true self right now. He is playing a part. He is a missionary. He could be a very different person at home. Being a missionary requires him to be nice, sweet, considerate, polite, understanding and calm. They are in a different state of mind.

These guys change back to their normal self as soon as they hit home. And most of them don't want a 'mail order bride'. Even if they might have feelings for you, their families will convince him otherwise.

Please don't beg for his love. Please don't degrade yourself like that.
I so feel for you. I've been there more than once.

And don't forget, he could get into a whole heap of trouble if word gets out that he is 'involved' with a girl on his mission. The gossip is huge.

I'm sorry.. but if he says he cares for you.. oh boy..no my dear..he's giving you the run around.
I'm sorry..

I hope you are ok.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 09:45AM

koolgirl20 Wrote:
> So the elder I fell in love with told another
> elder to give me a message " tell her that I care
> about her a lot and that I love her to
> death"...would this mean he does love me in the
> way that I love him? or what? I kind of told him
> in a letter how I feel towards him.

Sorry to tell you this, but he's just not that into you.

Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: May 31, 2012 03:31PM

Even if he does have romantic feelings for you, he can't really express those if he's trying to abide by mission rules.

Are you writing to him? If so, keep it up and just be a good freind. You can see what happens later when he gets off his mission.

But in the meantime--don't sit around waiting for him. Get out there and date, go to school, or whatever it is you're doing right now. Go on with your life--so that in case it turns out he doesn't return your feelings after his mission, you won't be blind-sided. (I speak from experience.)

If you do not have a testimony though or are questioning your future participation in the church, I'd turn and walk away if I were you. If you don't want to raise a family in the church, it's better to walk away now than get married and begin raising a family in the church. (I speak from experience on that one, too.)

I wish you the best--you have your whole life ahead of you yet!

Date: June 06, 2012 03:17PM

Well yes I wrote to him once and I honestly haven't even gotten a response back. Maybe because of what I wrote, I wrote a poem for him, and I kind of told him a bit of how I feel towards him. So I feel that, that's why he hasn't responded and won't as long as he is on his mission. I met him last year in April its been a little over a year, even though I've seen him and talked to him. it gets me depressed because there is no way in which I can be close to him. If It happens that I do end up marrying him, my parents wouldn't be invited anyway, our relationship isn't great. How do I stop loving someone I love so much? everytime I see him I fall in love with him all over again.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 03:10PM

joined his ridiculously insane cult because your hormones were working overtime and doing all the thinking, and now you want people HERE to tell you how to run your effed-up imaginary love life???

Nothing doing, sweetheart. You don't need advice from RfM, you need a shrink. Maybe meds. ASAP.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.