Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 12:41PM

The original thread can be found here:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,516313,517074#msg-517074

I wanted to respond to a few comments.

@ I believed this once...: I so agree with you. That's another argument for secularism. Religion has always been used by the wealthy and powerful to gain more wealth and power. One should always beware if politicians are sincere.

@laytonguy: Funny theory, I'm leaning more towards a lab accident in another universe created this universe.

@dogzilla: I live in Uppsala which is about 250-300 km (190 miles) from Jönköping. Is your friend by any chance exmormon?

@bbstephanbb: I think most swedes like america and americans but I don't really know. I can tell you this, your ability to learn and speak swedish will be much more important than where you come from if you want to be accepted here. As for europe there is no unified european culture, every country is different.

@ipo: No, I hadn't heard of him. Great we have religious wackos in office here too. Don't know what M was thinking of, but this is yet another reason I won't vote M.

@judyblue: Thanks for your clarification. I gotta ask. In what way do christian organisations want to deny their employees contraception? I mean I can understand if they don't want to hand out pills and condoms themselves, and they shouldn't be forced to do that, but surely they have no right to tell employees what to buy with their own money and what to do with their spare time.

@xyz: I didn't think most fundies liked free speech, I just meant most christians, which is a much broader group of people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: June 01, 2012 03:59PM

No, my friend is not exmormon at all. Born and raised in the US to Swedish father and Danish mother. I worked with her when we lived in South Florida, but we both split off in other directions. When her grandfather died, she moved there with her boyfriend to take care of the place for her dad -- that and she hates theb politics and religiosity in the US so she decided to use her Swedish citizenship and just be Swedish instead of American. She's your basic ex-pat who would rather live in the frozen hinterlands of Sweden than here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.