Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: June 04, 2012 03:19PM

What are the real numbers of this board? The page mentions 1000 daily hits but i can see at the most some 100. how many people visit this site. how many people visit it daily and post daily?
Does it mean that many people are leaving the church?
Have a great week everyone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: topping ( )
Date: June 04, 2012 09:27PM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 04, 2012 11:12PM

For starters, the home page says there are about 1100 posts a day, not 1100 hits. The difference between posts and hits is huge, and you apparently couldn't tell the difference.

I assume when you said you only saw at most 100, I assume you were referring to posts, not hits. Hits are invisible, except to admin.

SO you are a lousy counter too. WHile I haven't actually checked, I think there are very roughly 100 separate threads per day, and I think an average of ten or eleven posts per thread would give 1,100 posts per day. I think that number is certainly in the ballpark enough to be a "real" number.

Erik has reported in the past that the site gets a quarter million hits per day, give or take. That stat is problematic, as Erik freely admits, because if someone comes on and looks at 20 different threads, that's 20 hits, all coming from a single visitor in a single visit. Determining unique visitors per day is challenging, as is determining unique posters.

But any way you slice it, a quarter million hits a day is a busy site, not just for a religion based web site -- for ANY site.

I'd love to see the comparable "raw hits" daily number for LDS.org

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 04, 2012 11:38PM

Many of the people visiting LDS.org are people from this board seeing the latest news (lies) from COJCOLDS, Inc.

Date: June 05, 2012 04:54PM

Thank you for clarification Brother of J, but really you didn't have to react in demeaning ways as you did "remarkably poor job, you apparently couldn't tell the difference, you are a lousy counter". I was asking an honest question, and I am questioning many things in life - not only the lds church - Therefore my nickname "observer" as I am observing and considering everything I can. This site has become interesting as I am getting information that I wouldn't in any other way, but at the same time I can see the weakness and troubles that ex-mormons have _at least from what I read_. Honestly, I am not impressed. I don't see more class, wisdom, politeness or a better life from what I read - Except for a few posters that have responded some of my questions - In fact, I am a little disappointed as I sense while I read a lot of anger in the posts and answers. Anyways, that is not what I am looking for; friendship or so. I am looking for facts that wouldn't be as easy to find somewhere else.

Date: June 05, 2012 04:55PM

And by the way, still there is no answer to my last question.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 05:13PM

Observer, please observe this: You are ON A RECOVERY SITE!

Do you think you will find chatty, cheerful, non-traumatized people on a rape-crisis forum? Sorry if the manner of how people recover is not up to your standards. Recovering from the truly damaging effects of the mormon cult is not easy. I assure you mormonism deserves every ounce of anger and rage it gets.

Please know that many, many, many people have moved on from mormonism. I challenge you to find exmormons who will not readily concede their lives are a million times more happy and fulfilled, never met one yet.

The truth is that there are four exmormons for every active mormon. The vast majority have moved on and do not give either mormonism or exmormonism another thought. For them mormonism is like once upon a time being sucked into Amway. Just a joke, an example of a temporary lapse in judgment, nothing more.

Mormonism's best days are behind it. The numbers are there, the trends documented, the jury in.

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 05:14PM

This is my take on the number of downloads from this site: people want to know how they can live without the Church. People are taking stock of their religious (cultural, economic) lives. They sense that with the Church there is no turning back: because it proclaims to be either true or false. So if the Church is false, is it worth the cost to leave?

Like the builder in Luke 14 we want an assessment of our circumstances. Can we really be free from such an oppressive Church that offers (possibly) the only life we have ever known?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.