Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:40PM

What do I need to do? Provided it doesn't break the law, or actually hurt people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:43PM

Criticize the church fairly, honestly, and with as little emotion as possible. Be kind and patient, but tell the truth. They hate that. :-)

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 03:43PM

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:03PM

"uncomfortable" questions in a non-threatening way.

Date: June 05, 2012 04:06PM

Yuck, I said I didn't want to hurt anyone, including myself, which would happen if I attended church.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:07PM

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:12PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:11PM

Regular attendance on this board is enough.

I'm sure they don't view the people on this board as friends.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:16PM

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:16PM

You know what ticks me off is that they insist you have to have sure knowledge of the HG then deny him in order to be a true apostate. But I supposedly can't have sure knowledge since I didn't go to the temple, and some even say you must have the priesthood. So that means they're not even gonna let me go to Outer Darkness! Bastards!

Posted by: wwfsmd ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 08:14PM

Start preaching that you KNOW that you HAVE the priesthood by virtue of your revelations from Our Mother In Heaven - directly.

That will probably get them to make an exception for you.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:25PM

I like to think of myself as both a feminist and an intellectual, though I am probably flattering myself with the latter.

Then again, most of us are more feminist and more intellectual than the typical TBM.

Date: June 05, 2012 07:52PM

Just to clarify, I support women's liberation, but I have always understood that you had to have a v-j to consider yourself a feminist.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 09:30PM

You can have a one-eyed trouser snake and be a feminist. Heck, you can even have a penis and be a feminist.

Date: June 05, 2012 09:31PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 09:33PM by spaghetti oh.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 04:46PM

I feel like a chicken for not being more outspoken about my radical apostate views. So many of my neighbors think I'm a nice guy. Well, I am sort of a nice guy, .. but they'd change their opinion if they knew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 04:46PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 06:38PM

you're a wise ass. That makes you incredibly dangerous!

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 06:48PM

You are an apostate..........you are an enemy!! According to all RMs that is.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 08:09PM

The only time the church paid attention to me is when I booked that gay bishop who wrote "Out of the Bishop's Closet" to speak at Westminster.

They actually had a "man in black" following me for a day. Which was hilarious because he was as obvious as a woman at the January Polar Swim event.

Write or do something public and they will notice you. Why don't you invite Bill Maher to the Mass Resignation Day. Become his "Deep Throat" ....:)

ANagrammy

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 11:30PM

Church officials in black? Blashphemy I say!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 11:34PM

Honestly Cokedealer, why would you want to be harassed by these nutjobs?

Date: June 05, 2012 11:36PM

I don't, I just want to be mentioned on FAIR as one of the dangerous lunatics over on the Mormon Recovery board.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 08:25PM

Talk to misshies ..... about the truth. If you see them biking, stop and ask if you may talk with them, always remembering they are someones precious child.

Let them know it is OK to doubt. Tell them they have a god given brain to use and that is not a sin. Talk about Jesus.

although nothing has happened to me yet. still waiting

:P

Posted by: anonanon ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 09:14PM

Thank you! There are days this board makes me think I'm the only straight person who ever left the church.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 09:23PM

Do you expect it to be handed to you?

Date: June 05, 2012 11:21PM

I'm working on it.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 09:31PM

I agree that going to Mormon meetings is cruel and unusual punishment. It is also going backwards.

I agree that by Mormon standards you are already an intellectual, a feminist, a lover of minorities and gays.

Become a Democrat

Actively lobby for civil rights, animal rights, sex education in schools, etc. There are lots of great charity groups out there. Put signs in your yard, bumper stickers on your car.

Be happier and more successful than any apostate should be. Yet--don't compete with Mormons--don't play their petty games. When they see you living a happy life, it irritates them more than you'll ever know!

Plant flowers, re-landscape, upgrade your house, park a new car in your driveway. In our TBM neighborhood, that is as subversive as burning your neighbor's lawn. The better you look, the worse they'll feel about themselves.

It is really useless to argue with Mormons, because they don't think like normal people.

It is much more satisfying to be SUPERIOR to Mormons. I mean, don't smoke and drink and swear and do all those expected apostate behaviors that Mormons preach against. Be more moral, more honest, more accomplished, more popular, more normal, more wealthy. In other words, be more "blessed!" It will kill them.

Date: June 05, 2012 09:33PM

You do cause loud laughter - at least on my part.

Date: June 05, 2012 11:23PM

I had a police academy instructor who once told me I was one of the most dangerous men he ever knew. Of course he was my driving instructor, so that might not be a good thing...

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 11:44PM

Get an article published in context of the Romney presidential run and why you know his religion will matter more than most Americans think.

You'll have vans tailing you in a few hours.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 11:52PM

have you Picketed GC yet?

be sure to put your name, SSA, DOB, email, ISP, & address in plain sight. Make hand-outs with them on it.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 12:07AM

Posted by: anonymous coward ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 01:29AM

It helps if you use your real name.
All the people who are on the hit-list put there real names out. You'll even notice that on Mormon Discussions board. The people with their real names are the culprits, but no matter how much great info those with fake names offer, it's not enough to make it to the enemy status of the likes your heart desires.

It's hard to talk seriously about a guy named forbidden coke drinker.
:)
Use your real name and then write some great info and take some serious action.
Then get on with calling those evil dudes to repentance and demand truth out of them.

That ought to be worth an enemy or 2.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 01:36AM

The best revenge is living well.

Life is too short to waste obsessing over some dumb church. It's not just the LDS Church. The world is full of many other blood sucking organizations and governments. The church is politically connected, they have a lot of money, and they just aren't going to dry up and blow away anytime soon.

You can waste your time obsessing about the church or you can move on.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 01:37AM

Do you drink coffee? If so, you're well on your way to being hated.

T-Bone

Posted by: mistymemories ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 09:44AM

I totally get this post. Although I am pretty sure that I am viewed as someone not to associate with. We havent seen the missionaries since we left 16mths ago. pretty sure if any members spoke to us they would probally be accused of associating with apostates. Kinda of makes me feel good!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.