Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 06:45PM

OK, maybe a laugh or two also.
I posted the info about this event in SLC (without comment) on my facebook. A RM came unglued..........here is what he said in several responses and my response at the end...

RM - Actually, I'd say this event reeks of cowardice, not courage. Let's make a public display of our apostasy rather than keeping it private so that we can rub it in the faces of those poor, imbecilic, moronic, deluded Mormons and humiliate them all.
Generally, it's those who choose to make a spectacle of themselves for the sole purpose of insulting others who come off the worse for it all.
And yes, terms like "intellectual integrity" in this context are insulting in the extreme. There's no way around it.
I mean, really. If you want to resign, write a letter and put it in the mail. It's not necessary to make a public spectacle and collectively insult the intelligence of 7 Million people (using the 50% activity rate to arrive at the number) with your "intellectual integrity." The more I think about it, the more offended I am by such an in-your-face display. I'll guarantee there won't be a counter-protest. I'm one of the immature ones. The vast majority just ignore this sort of garbage.

Me: Don't come unglued. Remember the truth will stand up to scrutiny.......don’t get is such an uproar. What are you afraid of? This is historical. It has not happened before (at least in my lifetime). It makes for interesting pondering. Nobody is insulting anyone's intelligence. It is rather surprising that some people will think so. If you have the absolute truth, this kind of thing shouldn't bother you at all except as an historical interesting incident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 06:46PM by enoughenoch19.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 07:09PM

Using the RM's logic, I could make the same comment about the Mormons who attend General Conference:

"Let's make a public display of our righteousness, rather than keeping it private so that we can rub it in the faces of those poor, imbecilic, moronic, deluded non-mormons and humiliate them all... The more I think about it, the more offended I am by such an in-your-face display (you even broadcast it on TV!)."

And what makes him think that such a public group act would be for the purpose of "insulting" anybody?

Yeah, he would like everybody to be "private" about it, and just sneak away.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 07:27PM

Bully organizations such as the LDS, have enjoyed the power of being able to EXCOMMUNICATE and DISFELLOWSHIP people who actually wanted to attend their church...now the tables are turned and they don't get to shame and ask personal questions about peoples sins and make up stories about their "lack of faith".

Bullies always use the "I'm offended" ploy when their victims stand up and say they won't take it amymore.

This is a great opportunity for members who don't believe or never did to walk out and point out the bully organization that would rather have the chance to insult them and try to attack a non-believers integrity.

I say we all make every resignation VERY PUBLIC and alert the rest of the world to what is really happening in the organization.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 07:30PM by upsidedown.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 07:46PM

A public rejection of massive fraud sounds pretty progressive to me. I like it.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 05, 2012 08:30PM

RPackham - I was thinking the same thing of course. Talk about IN YOUR FACE! THey are the kings of that. They are NOT just in your face. They try to imbed themselves into every aspect of your life.
Everyone on this board, PLEASE DO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS. It is important - for those of us already out and for those who are thinking of getting out. It is a profound statement to the world.

Posted by: sivab1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2012 09:43AM

I like your reply to him. This week my FB has been plagued with quotes from "prophets" with accompanying pictures of them. It is driving me crazy! Why is it okay for them to flaunt their beliefs but we always feel the need to sit back and "respect them"? If they only knew what eye-rolling goes on with their crap but no one says anything so they just get smug and think that they have inspired millions. I don't know why they think it is missionary work when the only ones that every like the posts are fellow LDS members. For me a mass resignation isn't about sticking their faces in it, it is to let other doubters know that they are not alone. It is about having the courage to be the person to point to the emperor and say that he is wearing no clothes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.