Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 12:36PM

During my ~30 year marriage I came to the sad realization that I was only a trophy priesthood holder for my TBM wife. I was never really a husband. My sole function was to ensure her pathway to the celestial kingdom and shield her from the scorn of becoming "divorced."

My wife's held such distain for single sisters. Now she is becoming one. Judgment can be such a b*tch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 03:53PM

wow, I am sorry to hear you feel like you were used. I'm sure your wife will miss you when she realizes what the single life is like in the church.

On the bright side, if you were a 'trophy husband' you should have no problem in the dating world.

Good luck.

Posted by: davesnothere ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 05:01PM

Wait till she gets a load of what's hanging out at the Single Adult dances.....that'll be a wake up call.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 04:42PM

I wish you a new wife/partner as awesome as you are

One who will listen to you or give you space as the situation calls for

I wish you spectacular unbridled sex. Unfettered by cult standards.

I wish you joyful children respecting the open minded style you come to have

I wish you freedom to enjoy the beauties of life. A fine single malt scotch, an R rated movie, an X rated movie or a good beer

I wish you the joy of free time for you to chose what to do. Sunday morning in bed with a newspaper and coffee comes to mind

I wish you to look forward to unknown adventures

I send you Positive Vibrations! These things are possible... now.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 04:50PM

I have several guy friends in similar situations - 20 plus years of marriage to wives who only love them as far as they are translated correctly. These women are in love with an ideal of a Peter Priesthood holder and are only good to their husbands as far as they are able to act the role in which their wives have cast them. They are in love with a role and if the "actor" quits, they probably feel they can replace him with an open casting call. Because it isn't about the individual, with all their quirks and qualities and successes and failings. It's about who can keep up the image the best.

Can you imagine what it is going to be like to have someone really love you for who you are? Not as a decoration. You will find someone, if you choose to - or maybe you will just find yourself. As difficult as divorce can be, mindlight is right. There are a lot of possibilities open to you. You deserve to have someone who thinks you are terrific, just the way you are. Good luck to you.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 07:25PM

--> 20 plus years of marriage to wives who only love them as far as they are translated correctly <--

classic line :)

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 04:50PM

You've got a free drink on the Maryland Eastern Shore any time you want it, man. There's only one direction to go--forward.

She's about to really discover what she's worth in the church without you, now.n and if she has a track record for dishing it out, I suspect she's about to take it big time.

Really sorry. People just suck too often.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.