Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 02:51PM

Hi Eekel,

The assumption that someone who left the Mormon church and is upset is completely unreliable because of their anger is silly to me. **Anger does not immediately equal mental problems.**

I left the Jehovah's Witnesses years before I became Mormon, and they attempt to do the same thing with anyone who dares speak out against them. Just a few months ago, they actually referred to anyone who leaves the JWs and speaks against them as "mentally diseased"!

Scientology refers to people who speak against them as "suppressive persons" and treat them the same way.

It's a classic move, also used all the time in politics. Don't address the person's criticism, just attack their character. It's rude, unfair, and doesn't make a lot of sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 03:04PM

One of my oldies I got from the D.I. when Hinckley said he wasn't sure they taught it...

"As you are, we once were. As we are, you may become."

On the "Operation Clambake" front, you can add the term "Fair Game" to that "suppressive person" designation. Those guys can get butt ugly at times...

And on the "nothing new behind the Zion Curtain" front, I'm about halfway through a really good history volume by a notorious 19th Century apostate...

They were doing the same thing to him they did to other Mormon dissidents.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: June 07, 2012 03:06PM

In my case, my anger is trully due to mental problems..lol

But I left the LDS church because I discovered it was bullshit and toxic.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.