Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: June 21, 2012 08:22PM

So, in response to the derailed thread, I found this. The Fox 59 news story that started the whole thing:

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-bakery-wont-make-rainbow-cupcakes-092310,0,6300849.story

"Then we talked to her husband David, who gradually made it clear that there was an earlier order... and yes, the customer was refused.

" 'I explained we're a family-run business, we have two young, impressionable daughters and we thought maybe it was best not to do that,' said co-owner David Stockton.

"'Values' is the same word used in the other argument."

The point was NOT that they ordered cupcakes at a cookie store. The point was they refused an order specifically because the customer was gay, and made that clear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lbenni ( )
Date: June 21, 2012 08:24PM

I'm hungery....I wanna cupcake...a chocolate one to be exact

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: June 21, 2012 08:30PM

The hilarious thing is that their 'impressionable, young daughters' were 20 & 17 at the time.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:15AM

It was probably a wise business decision. I bet every holy rollin' church in town goes there now for their cookies.

Sigh.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:19AM

Gays, on the other hand, a group that has the reputation for having large amounts of disposable income are willing to pay hither prices for better and fancier items.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:22AM

There probably have a number of gay friends and know more about gay issues than the father.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 04:34AM

But but they ordered CUPCAKES at a COOKIE store!!!

There I saved what's his/her face the time.

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 10:35AM

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 10:52AM

everything they see looks like a nail.

A gay nail that they just want to bash.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:01AM

This is just dumb. Do you have any idea how much money they could have made selling rainbow cupcakes to the gay community for gay events? Me neither, but a sale is still a sale, and anyone who refuses to sell to a reasonable product to a customer, simply because they don't like them, is an idiot who has no business being in business. Of course with business practices such as these, I don't imagine they will be in business much longer.

On a side note, not only would I have made the cupcakes, but I would have offered to make a tray of dirty erotic cupcakes for an extra fee, then I would have sent my "impressionable" 20 year old daughter to work making them. It doesn't matter who the customer is, at the end of the day all our money is green anyways.

Posted by: Minnie ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:03AM

It was Indianna, believe me enough said.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.