Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 21, 2012 11:11PM

the more I read here, the more ancedotes I see-read-understand...

don't the leaders have 'Phenominal Luck' in disquising it/denying it?

IOW, how do they do it?

also, how do they 'get away' with Dumping their own (claimed) principles so easily, without any negative consequences?

It's uncanny, to say the least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: June 21, 2012 11:51PM

It's what I call "mormon luck"--they either have just enough evidence (NHM and Nahom, for example) or just enough plausible deniability (no written letter from BY to order the MMM). Yeah, I've seen it a lot, and it is kinda weird.

OTOH, stuff like the BoA or DNA can be explained only by pulling answers outta where the sun don't shine, then it's back to the faith-fallback position.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:19AM

There's only one thing that explains it for me.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

However at the rate they are shooting themselves in the foot as you say, they are going to need to double that to two suckers every minute at the very least.

Suckers just aren't lasting as long as they used to with Google in the picture.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:30AM

I don't feel like it is luck at all. However, if I knew how they did it, then I would be running my own cult. Sadly, I haven't figured it out.

The internet doesn't change the fact that brainwashing is brainwashing.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 03:37AM

For the same reason that Mittler is the Rep. candidate. They talk in circles leaving the listener going "WHAT? HUH?" And the audience (TMBs) WANT to believe them. They have been brainwashed to believe them. That's how they get by with it. I have been puzzled about this for a long time.
When I realized how they got by with things, it did make my opinion of humanity's collective IQ go to Hell, but face facts, it is true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2012 03:38AM by enoughenoch19.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 05:30AM

Anything that looks at all like it might fit with the claims of Mormonism are PROOF.

Anything that blows their claims out of the water has to be nuanced, put into perspective, interpreted. Since it's not an airtight, mathematical proof there is wiggle room to avoid the obvious conclusion.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 10:01AM

American corporations commit phenomenal screw-ups all the time and most of them never go out of business.

Did Dow Chemicals close up shop after the Bhopal tragedy?

Is anybody tar-and-feathering Jamie Dimon after JPMorgan-Chase "lost" ~$4B?

Why is Chrysler still around when by all reason the company should have been dismantled in 1980?

Besides all that, the U.S. court system has begun to swing in the direction of protecting corporations and corporate crimes no matter what. $#!t, they couldn't even recover all the money Kenneth Lay stole through Enron because if they had, his widow wouldn't be able to keep up her expensive lifestyle...

Mormons Inc. can and will screw up all they want, because they bank on a truism that George Carlin encapsulated best: “Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!”

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 10:10AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 10:03AM

It's impossible for the church to shoot itself in the foot now. It shot both of them so full of holes so long ago, that it has to walk on its knees. Now if it shot itself in the knee...

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 10:11AM

IT ALREADY HAPPENED!

the MORmON founder decided he wanted to have sex with other men's wives and vulnerable teen age girls. then he decided to blame his actions on God. after he was dead his SUCKcesser decided it was more important to collect wives than to stay in touch with civilization to fill the earth with MORmONISM, so he ran off to the isolation of the great basin. consequently MORmONISM had its first million members in 1947 instead of 1847 and the POS MORmON religion will NEVER recover from the taint of its INSTITUTIONAL SACRAMENTAL ADULTERY that it mis labeled as *polygamy*

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.