Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:39AM

Just looked outside because I have been breathing smoke all night. The Saratoga Springs fire is pretty close to us, though I know we aren't in danger unless they can't get it contained. Billows of smoke, the sun is red, hope no one is in danger with their houses.

I don't know if it was man started or not. But it usually is, as we have had no lightening. I think sometimes people think "I won't start a fire doing this target practice" but then it gets out-of-control. Why don't they listen to the news? No means no!!! My house is now dark....i took some pictures but don't know how I can put them so you can see them.

Anyway, everyone be safe no matter where you are.

Amen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hard6 ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:56AM

I'm in Lehi and I woke up this morning thinking that the column of smoke was a storm cloud.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 11:57AM

A friend in PG just sent me a pic of the smoke. Looks bad :-/

Date: June 22, 2012 12:00PM

Yeah, I was surprised at what it had done overnight. The winds are going to get worse as the day goes on and it's going to get hotter. I do worry a bit because they are south winds, and I am north of this. I thought it would be no biggie, but it is. I'm on the eagle mountain side, so far no evacuations, but they are in ss. Some dumb nut doing target practice even though they have said not to over and over and over. Hope they get to pay for this. If it hits the explosives plant, well, that will be huge.

Already looking around my house thinking about what we would take if evacuated suddenly.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:46PM

Seriously...It can happen multiple times.

In '02, the Hayman Fire in CO was getting very close to Woodland Park. My manager at the time was on constant standby for evacuation. Woodland Park was only 15 miles away from my hometown.

If it's going to get windy, it's best to be prepared.

We're having a nasty wildfire in Blanco and Bloomfield. It's contained and no people or animals have died, but we're in for a long fire season as well.

Edit: The San Juan wildfire was started by an abandoned campfire. That really makes me want to wring some necks. >:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2012 03:55PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:03PM

I hope everyone will be safe. This year has been such a bad fire season for everyone.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:05PM

I guess they are starting evacuations now.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:08PM

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: June 22, 2012 12:10PM

My DH is driving through Lehi now on his way to his step-father's funeral.

Date: June 22, 2012 05:36PM

Yep, that's what it was. It wasn't illegal, just incredibly stupid. We were evacuated this morning by 11, though I am home for a minute to pick up a few more things, so it has shifted from us a bit and they aren't as worried obviously. Didn't save anything from church.

Got pictures, rolls of film, memory cards, etc. Food for cats and dogs, a change of clothes, and all the cash I had in the house. And all my meds too. My son got his basketball and football and shoes. Funny kid.

Well, it's getting really hard to breath, which reminds me I need to see if I still have an inhaler. Everyone keep safe and stay away. I am leaving!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.