Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: amos ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 07:06PM

So as a conciliatory gesture I tell DW that I was remembering how we got grants to pay for my BS degree. Of course at the time I considered it a no-brainer miracle. We got more money because we had a baby, even more of a miracle.

At the time I deemed the purpose of any material blessing to be making me more useful to the church.

DW uses the duh tone with me, like I'm being a brat and forgetting what great things the Lord hath done for us.

I haven't forgotten. Actually I'm even more, much more, astonished and in awe of my existence and the infintesimal convergence of events that is...me.

My definition of a miracle is greatly expanded, to everything.

My kids buried their dead pet hamster last month. I told them that everything alive has the same 3.5 billion year family tree and deserves that respect.

I'm offended that DW thinks she has a better appreciation of miracles because she credits the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Is it possible, just maybe, that there's more to miracles than that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.