Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Doug Wallace ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 07:48PM

My BIL works for the Morg on their ranch in Orlando, FLA. We recently visited and got the grand tour. The ranch provides housing for its hands (miserable cinderblock boxes or trailer homes) and office staff. The grounds and housing/buildings are kept and maintained by 4 sets of elderly missionary couples. That's right, they use free labor, appointed by the brethren because of their skills in carpentry, maintenance, etc., to do the work of roughly 6 full time employees, saving around 200k in labor and benefits a year. The ranch is for profit, but the land holding company is "not for profit". They split the ranch functions into two companies to avoid legal and tax issues. When I put it to my BIL that the Morg had quite the "sweet deal with the free labor" he sheepishly grinned and said "yes, we have very astute lawyers". I had to be excused as I threw up a little in my mouth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vivo ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 08:35PM

That's our morgue! The one we so love to hate!
With the ethics of crackhead. How can anyone in the cult not notice this??? Blessings by shady means..

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.