Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 12:36PM

Should we, could we, dare we???

Sactown, Fromhappyvalley, Peaches, El Toro?

Huh? Huh? Huh?

I'm just in town this weekend and next weekend. This weekend would be better for me. Either day would work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 11, 2012 02:23PM

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 02:24PM

I'd like to meet more of you crazy cats, but I'm only free next weekend (21-22). If you happen to meet then instead, I may stop by. Otherwise have fun!

Date: July 11, 2012 05:48PM

Posted by: peaches ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 06:00PM

Heck yes!

It's been so wicked hot that depending on the size of the group, we can get together at my house if everyone wants. I live in Rocklin.

I'll text Fromhappyvaley and ask her, too.

Date: July 11, 2012 10:08PM

Upsies.

Date: July 11, 2012 10:58PM

Because it would be so much fun.

Date: July 11, 2012 11:39PM

It would indeed.

I heard from Fromhappyvalley (is that redundant?) and they are up for it so let's start planning when/ where, etc.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: July 11, 2012 11:40PM

I think I maybe might want to sort of go for once. I haven't actually seen another ex-Mormon in person, and it seems like a good idea to meet my future roommates-in-Hell.

Date: July 11, 2012 11:49PM

Starbucks or Peach's?

Posted by: TheBrianGuy ( )
Date: July 12, 2012 12:03AM

Would you welcome an occasional lurker like me? I've grown up in Roseville my whole life and havn't really talked to any other exmos either.

Date: July 12, 2012 12:26AM

Date: July 12, 2012 12:39AM

Thank god! I won't speak for Brian, but I was beginning to feel like Bill Cosby in Ghost Dad. It's nice to be noticed.

Date: July 12, 2012 12:45AM

That's funny! I'm kind of a lurker myself. Looking forward to meeting other lurkers and non-lurkers alike.

Posted by: sactown ( )
Date: July 12, 2012 12:09AM

Fromhappyvalley and I are in. Saturday work for everyone else?

Date: July 12, 2012 12:26AM

Posted by: TheBrianGuy ( )
Date: July 12, 2012 12:59AM

I should be flexible enough to accomodate whichever day and time you all agree on.

Date: July 12, 2012 12:43AM

I'm down for anything, but if we want to meet at my house, it will have to be Saturday night (or Sunday anytime).

Dinner might be fun, too. We can do drinks and appetizer-ish foods here or meet at a restaurant.

Or Starbucks, of course. We don't have to get all fancy-schmancy if everyone doesn't want to. :)

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: July 12, 2012 11:18AM

Just wanted to bring it back to the top.
(because unfortunately, too far for me...)

Date: July 12, 2012 02:05PM

Bummer, quebec. Hopefully one day.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: July 12, 2012 02:10PM

Thanks peaches, maybe one of these days it will fall on a time when I can take some vacations and plan a holiday in that part of the world.
I wish you lots of fun.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: July 12, 2012 11:52AM

I'm flying out to Sacramento late August/early September. One of these visits will line up with an ex-mo get together, I'm sure. Have never personally experienced a fellow ex-mo before.

Grew up just west of Carmichael (lived there for 19 years, but never knew just what to call it).

Date: July 12, 2012 02:06PM

For sure we will plan one when you are in town, fossilman!

You have to meet your fellow ex-mo's in person at least once. It's quite the experience. ;-)

Date: July 12, 2012 02:10PM

It looks like the general consensus is for Saturday night. Does this work for everyone?

So...shall we pick a restaurant or do you all want to come here to Casa de la Peaches?

Date: July 12, 2012 02:52PM

Date: July 12, 2012 05:08PM

Okay, so the plan is to meet at my house around 6:30/7pm. Please email Raptor Jesus at: lord.raptor.isgod@gmail.com for the address.

Let's do BYOB (or whatever) and finger foods. Please let me know what you're bringing so I can fill in the gaps.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new apostates. ;-)

Date: July 13, 2012 01:24AM

Date: July 13, 2012 02:12AM

So far we have six coming...I've heard from Fromhappyvalley and Sactown, RJ (plus one) and me (plus one).

Anyone else?

Date: July 14, 2012 01:55AM

El Toro and my super model sister are coming, too! Who hoo! Makes a head count of ten or so apostates-plus dates.

Anyone else is welcome to come.

See you tomorrow!

Peaches

Posted by: sactown ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 01:09AM

Thanks Peaches for hosting this event! Fromhappyvalley and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to more meet ups in the future.

Date: July 14, 2012 02:51AM

I will be attending as well. I honestly wasn't sure I'd be able to go- family drama-but I'm excited.

Date: July 15, 2012 02:40PM

Thanks to everyone for coming. It was a blast. Let's do it again soon.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:47PM

No doubt Raptor jesus organized this one because he couldn't make ours behind the Zion Curtain...

We did invite him, honest... But we have to do things on the Q/T to avoid Danites...

Roll Call: Jesus Smith, Jesus Smith, Jr., Swedeboy, myself, and and of course, the inimitable Will Bagley...

Our big discussion topic was "Whatever happened to Daniel C. Peterson?"

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:47PM

I'm sorry I missed this one, folks. I went to the official Sac meetup last August and I'm looking forward to this year's event again. Yesterday just didn't work out, but I'm very close by and I'm usually up for getting together when the opportunity arises. I really enjoy the meetups and hope to get to know some more of you soon.
My dream of meeting Raptor Jesus remains unfulfilled. So near, and yet so far.......someday ;)

Date: July 15, 2012 03:53PM

The meet-up was fantastic. It was good to put faces with the fake internet names. Thank you for opening up your home for us, Peaches. It was lovely.

By the way, Raptor has the sexiest goddamned beard I've ever seen. He looks like a Mesopotamian deity.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:55PM

When is that? I'd like to go.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:56PM

THe "official" one referenced by intellectual feminist?

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 04:05PM

Hey there CTR,
I'm on an email list that "Jerry the Aspousetate" here on RfM put together.
And I think you and I live in the same town, based on a comment you made in another thread.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get in touch with you and see if we have some mutual acquaintance. It would be great to know somebody else here who's left the church (officially or unofficially) and we could potentially carpool next time there's an event in Sac.

email me: meggiemay17@yahoo.com.

I can also get you Jerry's contact info so he can put you on the list. The official meet up is at the end of August.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.