Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: m ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:01AM

Just wondering here..

Are these the new figures for a Church that takes in approx 8 Billion anually? Can someone do the math- what does that work out to per member? Still less that $50 mill a year?

"http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=21228422&title=lds-church-responds-to-businessweeks-money-article&s_cid=featured-3

The article talks about the church's worldwide humanitarian aid. It says according to an official church Welfare Services fact sheet, the church gave $1.3 billion in humanitarian aid in more than 178 countries and territories between 1985 and 2010.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:15AM

Dear TSCC PR people:

And I am supposed to trust these new figures; WHY?

Why do these figures not jive with figures you all published BEFORE the BusinessWeek article?

Are you trying to include donations that came out of MY PERSONAL POCKET as "your" humanitarian aid somehow?

Any money I paid into our local Fast Offerings were MY PERSONAL DOLLARS. Not yours.

I gave those dollars out of my own pocket to help local people in my local ward whom you folks in Salt Lake were UNWILLING TO HELP.

You could have sent down a few dollars from those billions you collect in tithing to help my fellow ward members when they were hurting.

But you didn't care. You kept collecting their 10%, but you didn't send down a single penny to help them when they were down. You left me - and my fellow ward members - to scrounge up a few bucks to help them out.

You could have sent a few of those dollars you earned at one of the many FOR-PROFIT centers that you own. Especially when you scimp on normal operating costs by getting "senior missionaries" to provide FREE LABOR to you.

But you didn't send one penny of that money down our way either.

Some of our ward members struggled. Other ward members, like me and my family, dug deep into OUR OWN PRIVATE POCKETS to put a little extra into the Fast Offering fund so that WE could help those that you did not care for.

But THOSE FAST OFFERINGS WERE THE PRIVATE FUNDS OF INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS OF MY WARD.

THEY DID ***NOT*** COME OUT OF YOUR MONEY!

SO, HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO CLAIM ***MY*** DONATIONS TO THE NEEDY AS YOUR OWN, NOW THAT THE WORLD IS LOOKING AT YOU!

Sincerely
Mr and Mrs Southern ExMo

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 09:44PM

Great point, something that never occurred to me.

The LDS church also picked up donations from other churches on the way to Louisiana throughout Texas and claimed them as from only the LDS church. They did not acknowledge the contributions of Christians all through Texas as the trucks convoyed down there.

I am wondering if they weren't mostly empty going down.

And filled up with donations from the Texas churches.

Anagrammy

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:32AM

$1.3 billion over 25 yrs is $52 million a year. Assuming that the membership over that 25 years averages to 10 million, The Corporation is giving $5.20 per member per year.

How many gave more than that in fast offerings every month?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.