Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 12:05PM

What? People formerly known as people who would rather see the other guys die than breathe the same air, agreeing on something other than that?

http://news.yahoo.com/european-rabbis-protest-circumcision-ban-berlin-003555232.html

Yep. Amazing. Damn near act-of-whosoever's-god miraculous, in fact.

When a higher power stepped in and said "after how many centuries of superstitious mumbo-jumbo, we are ending your little game of infant mutilation. You claim to be civilized? Prove it", that's when the anti-semitic-semitic rubber hit the road and Jews and Arabs are now ganging up on those ...evil ...umm, Na- ...umm, Fasc- ...umm, darned Germans! and demanding that their religious right to their religious rite be LEFT ALONE!

After all, who is the State to interfere if I wanna cut off the end of my baby's dick with a rusty razor blade? It's MY kid, isn't it? Who do you Gott verdammt Gub'mint people think you are?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 01:44PM

I havent thought much about the actual issue of tissue :)

I am cut but not much chance of my having children so the point is moot for me...I dont remember a thing about it...but i can imagine i cried!! I thought only thugs had "hoodies" :) :) ;)

Date: July 15, 2012 11:58AM

"Their religious right to their religious rite is an issue of tissue!"

Too late! Too late! I can't resurrect the point (tip?) now...

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:12PM

Does this mean that when I am resurrected I will be whole complete with hoodie back in place?

I had never thought of that. I am not sure I like the idea. Can I get cut after I raise from the dead? What if I want a tat?

Date: July 15, 2012 02:24PM

If you're heterosexual and headed for the Celestial Kingdom and Polygamic Glory for Ever and Ever, then the answer is YES.

If you are an evil ex-Mormon, straight or gay, then all you have to look forward to is the reward of the Telestial Kingdom - the famous TK Smoothie - and the answer is NO.

Tats are a clear violation of the Keeping Your Holy Little Factory Temple Clean and Pure Rule, and all us TK-bound scum will already be wearing one by the time we kick anyway.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:27PM

the religious nuts keep on using the "we are above the law and should be left alone" argument.

Date: July 15, 2012 02:40PM

After all the Guilt Money paid out by Germany for that nasty Holocaust business, and after all the political & economic support Germany gives Israel, the absolute rock-bottom LAST thing any Jew can say about the German state right now is that they're acting like a bunch of fascists. LOL!

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 06:07PM

You said "nuts" in a thread on circumcision.

T-Bone

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the religious nuts keep on using the "we are above
> the law and should be left alone" argument.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 06:14PM

This little one is not screaming. He is not sleeping. But he has gone into shock: a semi-comatose state that the human body slips into in order to physically survive extreme pain and trauma.

http://www.drmomma.org/2011/03/he-didnt-cry-babies-in-shock.html

Posted by: lamedandy ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 03:01PM

This unnecessary procedure is not going away without a fight.

A fight?, you say?

That's right, a fight. It's a big moneymaker for the doctors that promote it.

Doctors and their professional groups vary on their point of view on this procedure, however, for those that encourage the parents to have this done to their infant, immediately post-partum, its a great money maker and IMO their 'medical' reasons given as to its benefit are clouded by the dollars made when recommending it as a good thing.

Some healthplans in our country no longer cover it, including Medicaid in some states, so in those cases, the doctor gets to set the fee, not the insurance company, making it an even better money maker. I live in Arizona and our AHCCCS program (our equivalent to Medicaid) does not cover it.

How can a doctor have an unbiased opinion on this, when with every cut, the money goes to a Mercedes payment?

I am so pleased that more and more parents are opting out of having this done to their newborn baby boys.

As they grow up to be the next generation, when they become dads, they will want their son to look "just like them' so that there will be no embarrassment in those gym class showers...

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 06:13PM

Makes me so mad that they can agree on strapping down kids and cutting them, but why is it unreasonable for the child to have a say? Foreskins are not disgusting, festering pieces of extra skin but a nerve rich part with a function and forcing it on infants needs to stop.

It is a billion dollar a year industry though. Some of those foreskins really do end up in expensive facecreams.

Posted by: rosemary ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 07:11PM

Face creams? Please tell me that isn't true.

Date: July 15, 2012 07:42PM

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 09:09PM

Circumcision cut (heh heh) a few seconds off of changing my son's diaper..........

Date: July 15, 2012 10:16PM

Right, because dealing with a gaping wound in a diaper is so much easier than just wiping an uncircumcised penis you don't even have to retract or put Vaseline on?

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 11:26PM

disgusting joke. I sincerely hope you do not actually have kids

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 11:25PM

You know, I am so proud of Germany on this one. I hope they stand their ground. My husband was cut and it has caused me pain and misery. I hate my foolish in laws for what they did to him and, consequently, the ways they interfered with out intimate life.

He wanted to have our sons cut up even after I presented him with so much research against it. Finally forced him to watch two videos of babies being mutilated and that was the end of that. Proud to say my sons are intact, my husband has done a 180, and that's one vicious cycle that stops with us. Hopefully mormonism is the next toxic tradition to pass over our kids and vanish into obscurity.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 01:39PM

":My husband was cut and it has caused me pain and misery."

How so Southern?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 12:21AM

I am uncut, as is my son and my grandson.... circumcision is barbaric. End of discussion....

Date: July 16, 2012 01:01PM

As are the whack religions that practice it on babies and young boys.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 01:33PM

You're all going to hate me, but I'll say it anyway. I just got my baby circumcised. I did a lot of research on it in advance, and it does seem to have some very small medical benefit - slightly reduced risk of urinary tract infections, for example. Also, there are men who have phimosis and end up needing to be circumcised as adults, which is a much more complicated operation after puberty. Men who get circumcised as adults don't report experiencing less pleasure from sex. The operation is only slightly painful if it's done right - that was my concern, and I was there with him the whole time. He cried a little but was easily comforted. Getting blood from his heel for the newborn screenings was much more painful and traumatic for him than the circumcision.
I wouldn't tell anyone to get their baby circumcised, but I wouldn't tell anyone not to, either. It's a decision the parents have to make, like many other decisions parents have to make for their children. Choosing not to have your baby circumcised will also affect him, and he may tell you when he's older that he wishes you had gotten it done when he was a baby, especially if he's one of the few who needs it done later for medical reasons.

Date: July 16, 2012 02:23PM

You've managed to trot out almost all the tired old painted-up show ponies that American doctors have used for years to justify circumcising baby boys. The only one you left out was that your husband wanted a Mini-Me.

Given those same justifications, we should throw all African-American boys in jail at birth, because statistics show a slightly higher tendency for them to enter a life of crime as an adult.

Given those justifications, we should sew up every little girls' vagina at birth because they will just get yeast infections after the onset of puberty, and who wants those?

It all "makes perfect sense" when you can offer up a battery of lame justifications to apply what should be restricted to the treatment of the few to the imposition of same upon the universal, doesn't it? By the way, I completely disagree with you.

Posted by: Sperco ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 02:38PM

"It's a decision the parents have to make, like many other decisions parents have to make for their children. Choosing not to have your baby circumcised will also affect him, and he may tell you when he's older that he wishes you had gotten it done when he was a baby, especially if he's one of the few who needs it done later for medical reasons."

This is exactly the reason why I had my daughter's breasts removed as an infant. I didn't want her to end up with breast cancer someday and then blame me for not removing them as a baby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 02:39PM by Sperco.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 02:30PM

Thankfully, descending from an Eastern European father, the notion of cutting the end of my dick off seemed like something only a Jew or a Muslim would do. Have I ever had an issue? No. I've had god knows how many women see it now and never once a problem. A lot have preferred it. In the shower, did I get laughed at? When it's over eight inches long, most of the other dudes ain't gonna be laughing at YOU.

Not to be all bragging, although it probably sounded that way. Sorry. Just trying to illustrate that it's totally not affected my life in the least to keep it bigger, longer, and uncut.

Date: July 16, 2012 02:40PM

Haaaaaahahahahahaha!

If you stick around here long enough, you'll begin to note that it is the female advocates of circumcision who all claim one of two things:
"my baby didn't feel a thing."
"there is no diminishment in sensation."

My response: how the fuck would you know?

Posted by: lawstudent2013 ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 02:38PM

I am going to join sexismyreligion. I am very happy I was circumcised and I will have a doctor circumcise my boys (if I have any).

Date: July 16, 2012 02:50PM

vaccines, blood tests, physicals

Date: July 16, 2012 02:57PM

No pre-emptive appendectomies?

No pre-emptive breast-removal for your daughters?

You'll have to come up with a better defense than "sexismyreligion" has for wanting to mutilate your children, lawstudent2013. Otherwise you won't win this case.

Date: July 16, 2012 02:56PM

if needed: removal of wisdom teeth, tonsils, appendix

Date: July 16, 2012 02:58PM

Preferably in early infancy.

Date: July 16, 2012 03:00PM

circumcision, vaccines, blood tests yes in early infancy. wisdom teeth when they grow in

Date: July 16, 2012 03:02PM

It all has to happen in early infancy, pre-empting any need whatsoever.

You have yet to make a sound case here.

Date: July 16, 2012 03:03PM

"No pre-emptive breast-removal for your daughters?" how or why in the hell would someone do that? (and no that is not the same as circumcision. pre-emptive penis removal might be the equivalent.
A circumcised penis is perfectly fine, just like an uncircumcised penis can be just fine. As for me, I much prefer circumcised. Hence, I will give that same gift to my boys if I have any

Date: July 16, 2012 03:04PM

You can't define the terms of the debate, and if I don't fall in line with them I lose. That is what TSCC does...

Date: July 16, 2012 03:08PM

And if they don't like what you did to them out of nothing but vanity and superstition, then too fucking bad for them, huh?

That is what TSCC does...

Date: July 16, 2012 03:10PM

In fact, I'll spell it out for you: TSCC requires you to do it their way, no choice allowed.

Nice parent you'll make.

Date: July 16, 2012 03:14PM

Every parent has to make decisions for their children. And yes, too fucking bad because an infant can't say yes or no and the parent has to decide what to do. If you are worried about the pain to the baby, that is a valid concern. there is a lot of research involving sucrose that reduces pain in infants for painful procedures like circumcision or getting blood form their heel. Are you going to withhold polio vaccine from your kids after all the chances are very slight that he could catch it nowadays and he could get polio from the vaccine?

Date: July 16, 2012 03:16PM

and you aren't giving your child much of a choice when you don't circumcise because when someone is 18 the procedure is a lot more risky. You are making the choice

Date: July 16, 2012 03:28PM

Can't you come up with anything less lame than that?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.