Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 10:11PM

About 3 am I got up for my normal visit to the potty and I fell down. My ankle just gave way, very strange, hurt like... a very lot. I live alone, son is out of town, so I just crawled back to bed.. yup on all fours. lol

I didn't know the next best thing to do so I went back to bed. 2 hours later I was looking up a taxi service. I have Sykpe.
Booo... my computer shut down... and shut itself off again. That meant no phone. I know the problem and have the new video card to put in... but certainly not when I couldn't even put weight on my right leg. When my DIL got up, I yelled out my door. She got a friend to drive me to the hospital. Simple fracture, no big deal. As I was on the way home... I did miss the support I might of gotten from R/S. Getting out of the hospital last time (in Dec) triggered my return to the church. Just lonely.

I thought thru it carefully. I don't think I can ever go back. I just know too much, thanks to this board as well as common sense when presented with facts. I don't want to sell myself out ever again to a bogus family. My freedom of mind is much more important than to give it up again. I am very comfortable with being alone
I can't buy into that sh*t any more. I just had to really think thru my feelings. Messy things they are...lol.

I got my secondary computer out when I got home. I went really slow, because of pain, hooking it up. Now I am here!
My irony is the girl that drove me is an active Mo. I could not say one negative word about the church. Not in that situation. no. never.

So I had 3 not nice things happen this Friday the 13th. Time to stay in bed and watch all the great shows I have recorded.

Thxs...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 10:25PM

Bad things do come in 3's. It's only going to get better.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 10:28PM

Soundz like a good ouch. Take care feel better.

Posted by: SayHi2Kolob4Me ( )
Date: July 13, 2012 10:31PM

If only they could lose all the bogus doctrine and the superior attitudes it creates but still keep the support system. If only...

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:27AM

Well then, correct your aim and try again...

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 07:23AM

LOL! thxs! It took me a few moments to get the joke... I am sorry for myself.. but then I got it!! (painkillers perhaps lol) made me laugh, nice.

Mia.. I have always thought that too... just never had such a clear correlation in my own life, lol. Now I am a believer! better that than the church...

thxs

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 07:30AM

Sorry about your ankle. Take care of yourself.

Posted by: liveinlou ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 11:26AM

I hope you recover quickly!

At some point, I realized that the friendships I had with TBMs was conditional. I'd rather be alone than with people who constantly judge. I miss them, though. Some of my former friends were really funny.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.