Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:16AM

I am sitting in a bar by myself because family is out of town and I like to sing karaoke. These three cougars just came and sat with me and brought this muscle kind idiot with them. Trying soooo hard all of them. It make me laugh. I thought you quit doing that sometime in your 30's. I am so glad I am not single.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:42AM

My MIL lives in a retirement community in AZ. I saw 70 and 80 year olds doing that stuff.

The women were fighting over the men that were left. The married women wouldn't speak to the single women. They were all acting like they were still in High School. It blew my mind. I thought people learned a few things by the time they were almost dead. Guess not.

Date: July 14, 2012 01:38AM

There are some desperate women in here. I even got hit on. Lolololol. I may be a a little drink.

Posted by: Oakland Guy ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:42AM

You know, you could sing karaoke in your bedroom, Cougar free. Hey you like the attention. People need to interact and feel wanted at all ages. Not everyone has somebody.

Date: July 14, 2012 01:46AM

I know. And I am attention whore. And I am being nice. But if ever you could tell a guy is married it is me.

Date: July 14, 2012 01:47AM

And I did practice in my lIving room before I left. It just much runner when people are cheering

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:55AM

In the retirement community I was telling you about......married didn't mean diddly to the ones who weren't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 01:55AM by Mia.

Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 02:16AM

And Chris Hanson won't ask you to have a seat over there if you have a go with The Sun Setting.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 02:17AM

I know you didn't ask but I think Cougar is a really, really derogatory term for a 40-something, hot woman. Because it makes them sound both ruthless and desperate while being able to dismiss them as some kind of joke. While some are like that, probably most have reached the point where they are confident enough to live without a guy. Single is more popular than married after all. Maybe that's why the young guys use the term Cougar. It's easier to dismiss women than to realize even the older ones aren't interested in you. Commenting on the phenomenon in general, icanseethelight, not on you personally. I know you are married so you aren't measuring a woman's worth on how hot she is for you. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 02:31AM

I find the term "cougar" dismissive as well. IIRC, it was originally applied to older, single women who went after younger men.

Well, as an older single, I'm not dead and I'm not blind. Perhaps the term "cougar" should be applied equally to a woman of any age and marital status who saw "Magic Mike" and enjoyed it! ;o)

(BTW, I hear that a MM II is in the works.)

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 10:59AM

Where I live, a 'cougar' is not a generic word for older women but a term used specifically for women who prowl for men younger much younger than themselves.

I like the term and around these parts, it's not offensive at all...

... maybe because the idea of women being sexually attracted to younger men is seen as acceptable here and/or because we have a lot of real cougars here, ie the four-legged big cats, and they are a source of awe and terror about their power. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 11:04AM by spaghetti oh.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 03:03AM

In a Florida retirement community, an older widow notices a good looking, very muscular older man strutting around the swimming pool, in a speedo.

Older Widow: "You're new here, aren't you?"

Man: "Yes. I was incarcerated for the last 40, years."

Older Widow: "Oh.... May I ask what you were in jail for?"

Man: "For murdering my wife. I did it. I killed her.

Older Widow, smiling: "So, You're a single gentleman!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 05:47AM by forestpal.

Date: July 14, 2012 04:03AM

To all the lovely, intelligent, confident, and spirited women on this board, I apologize for my use of a flippant derogatory pop culture term to describe the women in the bar I was at. I am sure some or most of these women were simply enjoying a Friday night on the town.

But as an avid observer of people, and having a penchant for labeling, it was fascinating to watch the hookup dance, and fun to pass judgement and pigeonhole all the people into nice little boxes, most, if not all of which are almost assuredly inaccurate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 04:04AM by icanseethelight.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.