Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drwal ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:28AM

In my case, they never replied. They still track me done somehow. Not matter where I go I get BYU magazines! How the heck do they find me? My name is different, I live in Los Angeles with millions of other humans . . . still they find me!

My oldest sister who lives in Holland, got a reply after six weeks from the church. She got a letter ordering her to come to her excommunication hearing. Of course she never went!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 01:29AM by drwal.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:32AM

Response from my bishop, who came over to my house = 8 days.

Response to my request for a letter of confirmation that I was off the roles = 10 months.

Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:37AM

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:49AM

First "Dodge" letter confirming my email: dated the same date as my email

Letter from local "priesthood authority": about two weeks after email

Final "Dodge" letter: six weeks from original email

No local contact other than letter, but then, I'd been inactive for over a decade.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 11:38AM

If either letter takes longer than that, call Member Records. It is a bureaucracy. They lose stuff sometimes.

Summers tend to be slower because of staff vacations.

Long delays used to result if local leaders did not return the paperwork in a timely manner. In recent years, Member Records no longer waits for the paperwork. Local leaders have 60 days, and if the paperwork is not back to SLC, SLC issues the final letter anyway. This has helped a lot to cut down on long delays.

Local leaders are a mixed bag, but SLC Member Records is pretty good about getting the job done if you call them.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 11:49AM

I would definitely call them if it has been more than a few weeks...they usually get things done quickly when you call because they know you are now very irritated! I did that and had my official letter in a couple of days.

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:13PM

I got a response right away after submitting my resignation letter with a nice brochure suitable for ripping up and throwing in the trash. But the formal letter of confirmation, I am still waiting...it has been about three weeks. Thanks for posting this thread, I really want that confirmation that I am off the roster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 12:14PM by hope.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:42PM

The "come back" pamphlet along with the letter stating that this will be handled by local leaders should come soon after the initial resignation letter was submitted.

However, the confirmation letter takes longer. If it has been 60 days after you received the "come back" pamphlet, I would call Member Records.

By the way, when sending a resignation letter, I highly recommend having it notarized and using delivery confirmation.

Posted by: cfutahn ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 01:15PM

How about this... I've sent in two resignation e-mails, plus the notarized confirmation letter which I received the confirmation e-mail it was delivered and signed for. Never received the first letter. Sent an e-mail again asking for follow up that its been received and nothing. I sent the official letter in and it was received on May 30th.... Calling on Monday.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.